cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 900 - Huge Disappointment !!!!

Ont123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

As a long standing customer of Talktalk of many years I recently switched ( 18 April 2024 ) to Fibre 900 from Fibre 65 when FFTP became available. To say that I am totally disappointed would be an understatement. Having spoken with support staff on several occasions I was sent last Thursday an additional eero in an effort to improve what had been desperately disappointing  download speeds bearing in mind that the Eero Gateway consistently says that the speed into the property ( a modest 3 bedroom semi Dormer Bungalow ) is 940 Download and an Upload of 111. Over the past week I have tested my devices ( Phone and iPad ) within 6 inches of each Eero and the results are as follows:- Gateway average download 749, second Eero average download 352 and the third Eero average download 334. I am at a total loss as to how this can be possible? Was the initial set up by Circet ( sub contracted by Openreach ) not done correctly?………..are the 2 year old Eeros faulty in any way?……… whatever it is I am certainly not getting what I am paying for and would dearly love to rip up the contract! ……….Is there any solution???

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hello again,

Thank you for confirming. Have you had a chance to retest the speed again since the firmware has been updated?

Thanks

Michelle

Ont123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Hi Michelle

Speeds regrettable show no improvement with the exception of the Gateway which is up slightly at  766 and 111, the other two are lower than previous with both recording 297 and 112.

I have just updated the firmware to version v7.3.3-2

As per my original post the Internet gateway consistently shows a download speed of 940 Mbps and an upload of 111 Mbps - it makes you wonder whether they are preset at these numbers!!

Surely the equipment I have must be faulty resulting in these appalling speeds?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on? What version of firmware is currently on your eero please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Ont123,

I've checked checked the speed tests from the eero, there have been 22 since you went live, they are all showing speeds of around 940Mbps downstream and 111Mbps upstream

If you move a device close to one of the leaf eero and switch off wifi on the device, then switch back on and once reconnected run another speed test, what speed do you get?

Chris

0 Likes

Ont123
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Community Profile updated as requested

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for connecting a PC directly to the ONT, 94M up & down is obviously really bad for fibre 900. Have you tried turning the router off for at least 30 mins?

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Please can you connect a wired (Ethernet) device directly to the ONT in place of the gateway Eero & see what speed you get there?

Please can you tell me (a PM message will protect your privacy) the make & models of these devices, so that I can check their WiFi specifications? Not all devices can run as fast as 900M.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes