cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Increasingly worse Fibre 150 dropouts/slow speeds

theborg
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Dropouts and slow speed have been getting worse over the last few months - its now become a real problem with mobile phones disconnecting then reconnecting, wireless Fire TV & Alexa just stopping .. even the PC wired connection - ran a 3rd party speed test and was getting 0.25 Mbps download ('very slow'), then 'no network', then 10.6 Mbps download ('fine').

I then struggled to login to TalkTalk and when I did, both 'network status' and 'speed test' wouldn't load on their web site. Never had these problems with my last semi-fibre package. My package ends soon and I've got to say I'll be looking around.

no network 04-19-24 at 11.57 AM.PNG10.6 download 04-19-24 at 11.58 AM.PNGpoor 04-19-24 at 11.55 AM.PNG
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Ok, please let us know if this does happen again.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

After a search around the ONT and a protracted 'chat' with one of your agent's  .. it seems the ONT can't be powered off, at least not by me .. I can only turn the router off - which is something I've already tried. The ONT is in a non-visible place, but if I'm having further issues I'll check the lights. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi theborg

I've managed to locate the details now.

Have you noticed if any lights change on the ONT when the connection drops?

It would be worth powering down both the ONT and router for a full 30 minutes and then retesting again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

No idea what a FTTP order number is? Where might I find that?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi theborg

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have the FTTP order number? (to add to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile)

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

The number that is there is my home number - doesn't need changing.

Message 7 of 10

Hi theborg

Is it the same number already there or do you need to change/update the number?

0 Likes

theborg
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Debbie. I can't see where to add that other than in the 'my details' part of the 'my profile' screen .. where it already is?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi theborg

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? I'm unable to locate any details for a fibre connection.

Please can you check this again in your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes