cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New FTTP service unstable

Mark1970_2
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I moved to FF150 less than a week ago. Since then I'm getting frequent dropouts, is there something wrong?

Wifi isnt great in my house but it works OK except for my office which is out of range so I use a powerline. I know both Wifi and powerline can be erratic and subject to interference etc but it has been fine for ages on the old Fibre35 service and it's only since we moved to FF that the family have started complaining at me to fix the wifi!!

I'm not using the Eero supplied and am still on the TT Hub so the only thing that has changed is going to FF.  I've had problems with powerline in the past so if it was just that I wouldn't necessarily think my line would be the issue but the dropouts are occurring whatever the connection ie powerline in my office, wifi elsewhere and even when hardwired. I have the TV hardwired to the router but since FF when watching Netflix it has started to hang which most definitely should not happen on FF.

Thanks if anyone is able to check.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to test at the ONT directly for a short period, with the router removed, just to see how the connection compares? If the stability and speed are both ok at the ONT then we can focus on the router. I think it would be worth testing the eero too to see how this compares as this would also help to rule out a possible issue with the current router.

Thanks

Mark1970_2
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi, no I havent tried the Eero but I was getting issues with wired and powerline too so not just a wifi issue. I suppose my TT Hub could coincidentally have developed a fault. I wont get a chance until later in the week to try it but I was hoping we could rule out a line issue first. Is there a way to tell.  Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you tested the eero just to see how this compares?

Thanks

0 Likes