cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No internet and no contact

Fraz_13
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

We've been without WiFi for over a week now.

Had engineers not showing up, cancelling appointments and no updates.

I was supposed to be called by a complaint case worker this evening but no body did.

I don't know what to do. I cannot face anymore time on hold just to speak to someone with no information

Fraser corbett
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

OK thanks. Glad to hear its working now, apologies for any inconvenience. Just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

I spoke to someone Friday evening who said there was no plans to fix it over the weekend so we bought another Hotspot voucher, it was fixed Saturday afternoon.

But yes the Internet is back On. Dropped out for about an hour yesterday.

Fraser corbett
0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi Fraz_13,

Your internet connection appears to be working now, is everything OK at your end?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Staff are not back on here now before Monday, @Fraz_13.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Monday at 11am.

Any updates on the fault? Has it been fixed? When will it be fixed? What is rhe actual fault? Why is it taking so long and so many different engineers?

Any communication at all would be appreciated.

Fraser corbett
0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

What is the best time for the Complaint Manager to contact you?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Then I suggest you stop selling a service over which you have no control and no communication with. Because at this point I have no idea what you provide and what my money goes towards.

No. Between 1600 and 1800 next Tuesday is not OK.

Firstly because I am not free and I Will not cancel anymore plans.

Secondly because we do not know if the fault will be repaired by then so why bother booking a meeting.

And lastly I have zero confidence that the meeting will actually be upheld.

Why isn't this complaint manager contacting me at all? Why am I still on a forum?

Fraser corbett

Message 8 of 24

The complaint manager has booked the callback for - 16:00-18:00 - is this OK?

BT Openreach are the network provider, they own and maintain the network. If there's fault we notify Openreach, they arrange the repair using their own engineers, we have no direct control over this unfortunately.

Chris

0 Likes

Fraz_13
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 24

I see. And the complaint manager decided to not let me know so I cancelled my Thursday afternoon plans so I could take their call for no reason.

And they've decided to rearrange a call for a day that I may not be free on at a time that is still unknown to me.

And please do not pass on blame to Open Reach. I have no dealing with Open Reach. I pay Talk Talk I expect Talk Talk to provide me with a service that functions and to deal with issues when they arise. If the company you decide to use are useless that is YOUR issue.

Fraser corbett

Message 10 of 24

The complaint manager has arranged a callback for Tuesday as they appear to be waiting for an update before contacting you.

Regarding the engineer, the highly skilled engineer was arranged by the standard Openreach engineer because they didn't have the skills to complete the task, they've also said that the fault is low light levels. I'm not familiar with Openreach's internal processes so I don't know why the engineer that arrive today doesn't know what's going on. It's seems really strange if the engineer is always sent out with absolutely no information about the issue (for me to see the engineer notes I log in to an Openreach system, I would have thought the engineers would have access to at least the same information that I have access too)

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by his issue, I know it must be very frustrating

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

And what's going to be done about the missed complaints call? The third appointment talktalk have missed with me.

Just had engineers knocking at my door asking if my Internet is out and what has been done so far to fix it.

They have absolutely no idea what is going on and what needs doing.

They said there are no notes and they just get sent out to jobs with no information.

It's an absolute mess. No organisation, no communication, no management, no customer service.

I have had 3 full days of my time wasted for no reason. Had to cancel plans, cancel work, arrange and re arrange child care, visit cafes to get signal just so I can send messages on a forum like it's 2005.

Only for someone to knock on my door, 9 days after the fault was reported to ask ME what's going on.

Appalling.

Fraser corbett

Message 12 of 24

Thanks. I've checked the status of the fault, the last update was on Wednesday saying highly skilled engineer task has been raised to attend either to resolve the fault or determine/prove next step for repair. There's a review date set for tomorrow so there may be more information available later today. I'll check again later today and let you know if there are any updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Confirmed 

Fraser corbett
0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

OK, could you just confirm that the cables are connected properly to the ONT

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

No change

Fraser corbett
0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Thanks, could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and let me know if the lights are any different

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Power-green

LOS-red

Pon-off

Lan-green

Fraser corbett
0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Thanks, which lights are currently on, on your ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Done

Fraser corbett
0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

Thanks for that but could you also add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number

Chris

0 Likes