cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Poor upload speed

maggotbraine69
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi, posting here as a last resort to see if anyone has any suggestions before I try switching to another provider!

Since having full fibre installed my upload speeds have dropped from typically at least 10Mbps to 0.2-1Mbps. I've spoken to support and tried resetting the router, using wired and wireless connections on multiple devices, and nothings helping. I thought I might try updating the routers firmware but I can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi again,

Thanks for trying this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number/account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just run a few speed tests connected directly to the ONT and I'm getting identical Ping and Download speeds (19ms and 68-70Mbps) as when connected to the router, while the upload speed is varying between 2 and 4 Mbps, whereas when connected to the router I was getting speeds below 2 Mbps.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. What speeds do you see if you remove the router and run a wired speed test directly at the ONT please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks yeah I should have mentioned I'm using the Talktalk wifi hub 2 I  think its called? Model FAST 5464.

0 Likes

JacekJ
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

If you're using eero6 router then software version check and update can be done using the eero app. Go to settings (bottom right corner) -> software version. In here you will see the current software version and you should have the ability to download and apply updates. Current eero6 software version seems to be v7.1.0-3704

But I doubt that updating firmware will help with your upload speeds. Esp. if you experience low speeds on cable...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie thanks for the reply, yes I did try this, unfortunately didnt fix it.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you tried powering down the router and ONT for a full 30 minutes? (not a quick reboot)

Thanks

0 Likes