cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Motercycle

Dennis Eads
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

@ 70 yrs.still riding never to old!

Dennis The biker
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Grand-daddy1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 9

Hi! Just joined the Community and saw this so thought I'd make a comment.  80 years young in June and still riding my 50cc Scooter on regular ride outs with my local Senior Scooterists Club. Great fun. The other members are mainly Senior Mods with Lambretta's and Vespa's but welcomed me with my Peugeot  Vivacity 1999. (I am the senior (oldest) member).

0 Likes

David BARRON
Team Player
Message 2 of 9

I did not pass my car licence until I was 30 - changed jobs and apparently, to drive the work's vehicles I needed a licence 😛

Currently riding a British racing green VFR 750 - runs just like new (almost).

I have a BT1100 and a cute little Virago 250 in my mate's garage - they will not fit in my shed.

I will ride my bikes until my knees fail - then, maybe, I can get one of the step through 400cc scooters I have seen scooting up and down the A1.

Absolutely loved the comment about handing nuts and bolts to a friend after a ride, done the same myself!

Herbalist, nature lover.
The Law is for All.
Hobbies, motorcycling, walking, hill climbing, natural history, good food, history, reading, collecting books.
0 Likes

ChrisJH
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

At 70 you're beating me hands down..

But I have been riding since 1976... current bike a Triumph Sprint RS 955i in racing yellow

I had a Hinckley Bonneville T100 - 2004 model until 2009 but some nice individual decided to steal it...wasn't that kind and thoughtful of them - emoticon.sadtears.title

Chris Huff BA, PGDip, MA. Archaeologist & Author
0 Likes

Bikerray1
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

70 and still riding then Dennis. Mine's a Bonneville T100 - 2015 - 865.  Banter forced us to follow a friend on his hog, picking up the bits that fell off or with a rag to clean up the oil dropped en route.  I went up to him one day and offered him my hand, as he opened his I dropped a few nuts, bolts and screws into his palm.  Laughter was abound - (keeping it clean there).  Good biking friends never take stuff like that serious. I'm 70 too and a friend is almost 75. We still ride and will continue to do so until we can no longer throw a leg over. However, there's still the step through option for when those day come.  

Now how how do I fit this FIreblade engine into my mobility scooter. Spanner, screwdriver and shoehorn all ready. 

Bikerray1. Motorcycling, fishing, former army combat medic

Message 5 of 9

Yep it is but a beauty turns heads! Thanks for replying.

Dennis The biker
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

...OMG that's a heavy machine.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9
Drive classic nucklehead ! Had bike45 yrs.
Dennis The biker
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Dennis Eads

Welcome to Community.

What's your current machine?  What's your favourite machine?  What's your dream machine?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes