cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Grandstream permanently engaged

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Made one phone call out this morning and since then cannot call out as always get engaged tone.

Have tried switching off eero and grandstream 3 times.

Have reset grandstream to no avail.

Have tried to call in on my mobile and get a horrible echoing noise.

this is a similar situation to what happened a few weeks ago when Talk Talk had a technical problem and we were without a home phone for 4 days.

Anyone else having problems

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 19

Morning,

Just to add to this, an incident has been raised and is under investigation.

We’re aware that some customers on our Full Fibre service are intermittently unable to make a call. Some customers are getting an engaged tone when a call should be connected.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time. Our engineers are investigating this problem as a priority.

Message 2 of 19

Hi Gleha,

How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Yesterday afternoon I had to reset the Grandstream at 4 pm because again I was getting the engaged tone when ringing out.

It has happened again just now and I have had to reset the Grandstream.

Obviously this is not very good as I am unaware until I try to ring out that my phone is not working.

I am a carer for my 97 year old mother and she has an alarm that connects to this phone, if it is down and she has a fall I will not get the alarm.

There must be a more serious fault on the line because this has happened 3 days running.

Please can you report it to your technical people

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi,

Ok I understand. Please let us know how you get on.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

I have just checked and have the latest version of Chrome.

Re-logged in, still have same problem

Re-logged into Edge and Chat available!

It's a real puzzle

This is taking a lot of time so I'm going to leave it for now.

I will try again in a week's time and get back to you.

thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Gleha,

Thanks for trying this. Do you have the latest version of chrome? It's strange how it works with Edge but not with Chrome.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Just tried clearing all history, data and cleared cache for all time.

Relogged in - no difference

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming. Have you tried clearing the cache in your Chrome browser?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Took me a bit of time to sort out because I generally only use  one browser.

I realised I have Microsoft Edge on my laptop and used that and I can access chat through that.

I don't really want to go that route because I don't want to use Microsoft Edge on a regular basis.

Plus, next time I have to contact you re fault (which I hope will not be often) I 'm not sure I'll remember that I have to use Edge.

If it can be resolved to use through Chrome it would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Morning Gleha,

Ok thank you. Would it be possible to try a different browser just to see if this works please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Michelle,

I use the same browser as I always have which is google chrome on a samsung tablet and a HP laptop using Windows.

I have tried both devices and have same message on both.  My account seems to think I am in the middle of a chat conversation, I recognise the message from being in a conversation previously and having 2 tabs open and having to switch to previous page.  This is not the case now as I have not started or been able to start a conversation.

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Gleha,

Sorry for the delay. I've been testing this myself and I also got the error message in My Account, however a few of my colleague also tested and it works fine for them. Can I just confirm, have you tested a few different browsers to see if this works? What device are you using please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

A blank box appears with instructions to go back to previous page or log in.

I am logged in and have not started a conversation .

Last time I used the chat box was when we had previous phone issue couple of months ago

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this. What happens when you click on the chat button in My Account, do you see a specific error message? 

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

That works but how do i get to that if not through my account

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear that this is now working. In regards to the chat button in My Account, does the below Live Chat button work ok for you?

How to contact TalkTalk Broadband - TalkTalk Help & Support

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

I had tried that but have redone it and seems to have worked. Thank you.

For some reason when I log onto my account the chat button won't work to report a fault.

Since having the eero and grandstream, I have never been able to check my line or internet as it says my package is not supported and to speak to a member of the team, but have no access to chat now.

That leaves the community as my only means of contacting Talk Talk.

someone else on the forum had the same problem regarding the chat button not working, is there a solution

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi Gleha,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm if the you reset the DVA following the below please?

RESETTING YOUR DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

1. Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
  2. Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.

Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

Michelle

0 Likes