cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline

PK0191
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I discovered yesterday that my landline number has been changed without being notified. I can make and receive calls but they are via the new number. Obviously this is not only inconvenient but potentially a security breach as some of my accounts (I cannot recall which) use my landline number as part of two factor authentication. I have contacted Talktalk via online chat and arranged for Openreach, at their leisure, to make a visit to see what has happened.

Anyone else had this issue?

I asked for this to be treat as a data breach but not convinced the operator took me seriously.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi PK0191,

I'm sorry about this, crossed line do occur occasionally, it's generally when the engineer accidently connects the line incorrectly while carrying out a repair. We wouldn't be able to notify you about it as we wouldn't know that it had happened.

Chris

0 Likes

PK0191
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Openreach called today and number has been restored for which I am grateful.

I am still concerned that the number was swapped in the first place with no communication or acknowledgement of the possible data security implications of such action.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi PK0191,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. I've checked the fault progress and looks as though an engineer has been assigned today so hopefully it will be resolved soon

Chris

0 Likes