New Contributor
Shadowy

No dial tone.

We have no dial tone on our landline.  The phone screen says to check the line.  When you pick up the handset the only noise is fuzz.  If I phone the landline from my mobile I can hear ringing on the mobile, but nothing on the landline phone.  Dialing out doesn't work.  We've disconnected and reconnected all plugs, tried both handsets, the phone seems fine otherwise (functions seem to work - redial, etc. screen display fine, etc).  I've tried going into my TT account and asking the service centre to check the line, but it does nothing, just pauses and then goes back to requesting I input the number again.

I've also followed the links through re: stormy weather affecting lines and we're not in any of the areas affected, nor did we have much of a storm!

Any suggestions please?

New Contributor
bug_bloke

Re: No dial tone.

I have exactly the same problem.  Contacted talktalk severial times.  No outcome yet.

New Contributor
Shadowy

Still nothing this morning.  I've checked which phone exchange we are on and it's not on the list as having a problem.  I still can't use the service checker to report a problem, so now I'm going to have to spend a fortune calling a freephone number from my mobile! Once the phone is up and running I guess we may well get the calls we're expecting from the estate agents to sell our house, which will finally free us of TalkTalk's lovely service!  I don't think we'll be back.

New Contributor
bug_bloke

I just received a text message saying my prblem is resolved.  But still no dial tone, still slow/intermittent internet and still no service centre.  You can call them on 02034415550 so it may be included as part of your mobile call plan.  I spent 30 minutes speaking to them yesterday.

New Contributor
Shadowy

I'm on live chat to them now and have the line being checked this afternoon.  

Hope we both get sorted!