cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No dial tone

hackedoffTTuser
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

We lost the use of our landline on the 15th June 2023 (no dial tone and check line cord displayed on the phone) it was reported through my account and report a fault, it is still not working today.

Is there anything anyone can do to assist with escalating this?

regards,

karl

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @EJane

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new topic/thread on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie

I have had the same problem occurring over the weekend, right in the middle of a conversation.  I've not had any service on the landline since.

Is it possible to check this out for me too?  Let me know what information you need.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Karl

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

hackedoffTTuser
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Hello Debbie,

The engineer has been to us this lunchtime,  he checked the line in the house and proved no connection.  He then checked the local green cabinet. The engineer advised that a jumper in the green cabinet had corroded and failed, he has replaced it and it all works fine now.

Regards,

Karl.

Message 5 of 13

Hi

I've checked and there are no notes from the engineer as yet, I will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

0 Likes

hackedoffTTuser
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

Thanks on the update on this.

However, it is beyond belief that 5 days after i raised this it is now with an engineer to look at. 
let us see what happens now.

Regards,

Karl

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi

I can see that the fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning, we should hopefully have additional updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Afternoon,

I've re-checked the fault now and the fault is still under investigation with Openreach. We'll continue to monitor for updates and will post back here as soon as we know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Morning,

No problem, I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

hackedoffTTuser
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Thanks Michelle, we look forward to having this looked at promptly and fixed.

regards,

Karl

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've escalated this over to Openreach for an external line investigation to be completed and we will re-check this later on this afternoon to see if we have received an update on the fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Your post is in the queue for attention, @hackedoffTTuser, but there won't be staff on here before Monday. 

If this needs more immediate attention, try the Chat facility today. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes