cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

internet schedule for kids mobile

Mushfeq
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Most of the routers allow a scheduled on and off timing for internet connection for specific mobile or devices. I researched how to on youtube but the hub from talk talk doesnt seem to have this functionality. Can anyone help please? I think it is very necessary to maintain screen time specially for kids. 

If I can add a generic route as an extender, can I do that ? Please let me know

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Darxide
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

That's exactly why I was leaving TalkTalk for BT as I was a BT customer years ago and know they had access control on their routers which was in my opinion essential for kids. TT persuaded me to stay with offering me a new router (the one I have is about 8 years old) and a package called Supersafe Boost. They say I can install the app on my phone and control all devices attached to the network via my phone but the more I read, it looks like the app needs to be installed on all devices which is no good to me. (How can you install the app onto a TV to stop YouTube watching on the fly). ANYWAY, I'll wait and see what this new router offers (if anything). If I still can't do what I need to do then I'm afraid I'll have to move back to BT. Oh! And yes, you can have a slave access point attached to your router and have full access control over that but you would need to disable the router WiFi and connect it via ethernet cable. You don't HAVE to disable the router WiFi but I would advise it. Especially if connecting via the AP. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi Mushfeq, homesafe allows you to set a single homework period. I'm unable to offer advice on 3rd party routers, but there are many options. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes