Contributor
jamesinnes08

speed test

hi i just done 2 speed test today download was 2.73 and 1.53 upload was 0.69 and 0.78 . i sed to get 7.9 before i got your talktalk box. can you help me thanks

Contributor
JayR

Re: speed test

Hi James.Same issue here .I used to get around 16Mbps download speeds,dropping to around say 8Mbps in the eveving.The exchange is about 200 yards away from my house.Just done a speed test,and i am getting average just over 6Mbps download dropping to about 4Mbps once my TalkTalk YouView box is switched on.I have noticed my web pages slowing down as well.Roll on Fibre.Due in my area next month no more Copper wired Broadband.

Contributor
jamesinnes08

hi i run another test without talktalk box. my speeds were 3.36 3.32 3.27 downloads 0.82  0.82  0.74 uploads

Contributor
JayR

So looks like Huawei TalkTalk youview box is hogging a few Mbps as your speeds have gone up slightly with it switched off.I got same results that being a slight increase in speed with youview box switched off. I would contact TalkTalk support if like me your speeds have dropped drastically (which mines have).Someone from Talk Talk may pick up on your isse via this forum and help,as they are very helpfull indeed.I am not getting anywhere near my 24Mbps estimated line speeds,i used  to get about 16Mpbs.Hope you get it  resolved i am also looking to get to botom of my speed issues as well. There are is many things that can effect your broadband speeds.Its just a matter of finding out whats causing it and fixing it if possible.Fibre Broadband will solve a lot of speed issues for people that live far away from there nearest Telephone Exchange.

Contributor
jamesinnes08

hopefully someone at talk talk see this . i phone them couple days ago. they we going to send a engineer out to check . but it would have cost me 50 pounds for them to come to house which i not willing to pay. i have had router for over 2 years. caN SOMEONE AT TALKTALK REPLY TO ME. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET MY TALKTALK SPEED FASTER.

Contributor
JayR

Hopefully one of the OCEs will pick up on your issue`s and help out.I find the Forums are excellent for help with problems much better than Telephone support for some reason.So hang in there, someone from Talk Talk will help eventually.

Contributor
JayR

Tonight my download speed is a pathetic 2.38 Mbps which is down right shocking. I am literally sitting on the Exchange it is only across the road from my house about 150 yards.So there is definately something wrong with my connection. Never in my 4 years with Talk Talk have i experienced such a poor poor speed. My internet is virtually at a crawl a snails pace.I feel i am forced to call Tech support to ask for some help in resolving this issue.I have been a Talk Talk customer for over 4 years now,and i have never had these pathetic speeds and i mean never.I would expect speeds of that kind if i lived miles away from the Exchange but as i say i could almost reach out and touch the Echange. Recently i have taken out a 30 trial of Now TV and i have streamed a few Movies.I am begining to wonder if Talk Talk have limited my download speed as a result of this.I remember another ISP i was with capping my internet to a pathetic 2Mbps for the month and everything slowed to a crawl.if this is the case Talk Talk,then i am off to SKY or another provider....

Contributor
jamesinnes08

can anyone at talktalk help. i not happy with my talktalk speed . i just done speedtest it was 1.73 download and 9.73 upload the router i got is about 3 years old . i do not know why if i what a updated router i have to pay for it. as a customer that should be free. i may be force to switch companies to see if i can get  better deal. please email back.

Contributor
jamesinnes08

still no one at talktalk got in touch. my  speed is 3.32 download and 0.72 upload but with talktalk box it is 1.73 download  0.67 upload . i done all the things i told to do but it just the same as it has been for few months now. please help

Contributor
JayR

They will address  your problem James hopefully soon im sure. Try not to post again if possible about the same issue.As i think that puts you down the pecking order.As i think they look at oldest posts first.Hope you get it fixed soon.Or why dont you try phoning Tech Support.I did.Okay, it took an hour but was worth it to get things sorted out.

Contributor
jamesinnes08

i have phone them about 5 days ago. i went through all speed checks with them. they thought in might be my computer so i try another computer with the same results.i just wait and see if they reply to me

Contributor
JayR

Hmm. I doubt its your Computer James.But you never know. 

Contributor
jamesinnes08

hi i just been on phone to yours.i had no internet connection for about 1 hour. then i change my router to my old one . i got internet connection within a min. i need a replace ment for my huawe echolife hg520b . i thinking of cancel my talktalk. thank you

OCE_Debbie
Topics: 6
Kudos: 1,147
Solutions: 539

Hi jamesinnes08

I've made a change to a setting on the line and the speed has increased to just over 8.5mb

Please can you run some further speed tests connected in a wired state so we can see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Contributor
jamesinnes08

thank you 7.24 download and 0.54 upload . everything is working fine.

OCE_Debbie

Hi jamesinnes08

How have you found the connection since your last post?

Would you like to try a faster profile?

Contributor
jamesinnes08

hi my speed is 7.25 and upload 0.57 . which i think pretty good . how does faster profile work. thanks for your help

OCE_Debbie

Hi jamesinnes08

I've changed the profile from 12db to 9db interleaved and the speed has increased to just under 9.5mb

Please let us know if you do experience any issues following this.