cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

No ratings

The following steps will help you set up your talktalk.net email address on your Android phone.

Before you start, it's a good idea to test your username and password in webmail to make sure they're correct. If you run into trouble, you can use My Account to manage your email address and reset your password.

If you've already set up your email account but it's not working, try deleting the account then adding it again. Simply tap Settings, then accounts. Tap your email account, then tap remove account. Once you've deleted it, follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings. You can do this by either tapping your Menu button and selecting Settings or by simply tapping the Settings icon on the App List.
    2. Tap Accounts followed by Add Account.
    3. Tap Email from the account types.
    4. Enter your TalkTalk email address and password and tap Manual setup. If you're not sure what your email or password is, you can find them in My Account.
    5. Tap IMAP account.
    6. Check your incoming server settings match those shown:

Username: Your TalkTalk email address ending talktalk.net

IMAP server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993

Tap Next.

7. Check your outgoing server settings match those shown

SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

SSL: (Accept all certificates)

8. Tap Next.

9. Set your account options, such as how often your Android phone should check for new mail. Tap Next.

Your email account is now set up. You have the option to give your account a name and add a name to be displayed as the email sender. When you're finished tap Done.

If you’re still having trouble setting up your email, then for more detailed help and troubleshooting head over to the Android support site.

Do you have other devices?

If you want to set up other devices you can use our guides Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad and Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Simon
Hi, I’m Simon did you find my article useful?

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088