cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

No ratings

The following steps will help you set up your talktalk.net email address on your Android phone.

Before you start, it's a good idea to test your username and password in webmail to make sure they're correct. If you run into trouble, you can use My Account to manage your email address and reset your password.

If you've already set up your email account but it's not working, try deleting the account then adding it again. Simply tap Settings, then accounts. Tap your email account, then tap remove account. Once you've deleted it, follow the steps below:

1. Open Settings. You can do this by either tapping your Menu button and selecting Settings or by simply tapping the Settings icon on the App List.
    2. Tap Accounts and backup followed by Accounts then add Account.
    3. Tap Email from the account types then other.
    4. Enter your TalkTalk email address and password and tap Manual setup. If you're not sure what your email or password is, you can find them in My Account.
    5. Tap IMAP account.
    6. Check your incoming server settings match those shown:

Username: Your TalkTalk email address ending talktalk.net

IMAP server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 143

Tap Sign in.

7. Check your outgoing server settings match those shown

SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

TLS

8. Tap Sign in.

Your email account is now set up. You have the option to give your account a name and add a name to be displayed as the email sender. When you're finished tap Done.

If you’re still having trouble setting up your email, then for more detailed help and troubleshooting head over to the Android support site.

Do you have other devices?

If you want to set up other devices you can use our guides Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad and Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Simon
Hi, I’m Simon did you find my article useful?

Looking for help ?

We have a reduced support team available at the moment, which means the wait times to speak to us may be longer than usual. Why not manage your account or get help with your services online using one of the below options