Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being billed cancellation fee within last 30 days of contract

TT-SP
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

I've received a letter by post stating that I'll have an outstanding balance for ending my services with Talk Talk broadband.  My contract ends Nov 30 and I am switching to a new provider on Nov 12. I was under assumption, that if cancelled within 30 days of my contract ending, I wouldn't be billed an early termination fee based off this forum post:

"

If you cancel within the last 30 days of your contract there is no cancellation fee.

Hope that helps.

Arne-TalkTalk

Support Team

"

Source:
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Partial-month-early-termination-charge/m-p/2587171

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi TT-SP

It is auto calculated from when the cancellation is placed, it will be added to your last bill. 

Message 2 of 10

Hi Arne,

What does this mean? Will I still be charged even though the actual switch is taken place within the 30 days? Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Ok I think I know what has happened,  The cancellation was placed 2 days outside of the start of your last 30 days. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Arne,

It says a total of £6.04 

Thank you for getting back to me.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

No worries, the support team will respond here as soon as they can. 

Message 7 of 10

Hiya,

Thank you for the response. The letter states that it is an exit fee due to leaving TalkTalk.

I've since updated my profile with the information needed. Thank you for letting me know!

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 10

A further thought: if you have initiated a switch to another provider which is occurring before your contract ends then a fee will probably apply, although given the number of days involved it will be small and less than if you continued to pay your standard monthly charge.  

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Is the letter just perhaps noting the fact that you will have a balance to settle, or does it specifically mention an early termination fee?

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes