Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 16 of 16

Hi all,

After a horrendous 18 months I have miraculously outlived my talk talk broadband contract and have moved to SKY (as of 27th April). I started the switch when my talk talk contract expired (12th April). Talk talk have calculated my final direct debit as nearly £40 for this 15 day period which seems excessive. I think this is wrong. I therefore have cancelled my direct debit as the past 18 months have left me with no trust in talktalk, especially when it comes to billing. 

I fully intend to pay what I owe but would like to get this final bill clarified and settle with a one off payment. I have been sent emails threatening late admin fees of £12.50 so writing this email now in case I end up in court, I have no confidence in talktalk and it wouldn't surprise me if my final bills swells for some random unknown reason.

Appreciate help with this, can someone please explain why my final bill is £40 for only 15 days post contract? My monthly fee was £24 so this is an incredible jump (77p a day in contract to £2.67 a day post contract = 248% daily rate increase). Seems unfair as practically I need to wait until my contract ends to switch to another provider. 

15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Tartanarmy1

I have requested a returns bag to be sent to you. 

Should be with you next week

0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 16

I also see numerous people are having charges applied due to the router not being returned.

It has been weeks and talktalk still haven't got in touch with me to return my router. How can I send this back to avoid being chased for more money. I have it sitting ready to go and want to say good riddance to it, I'll have a party when it leaves my flat. 

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 16

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your help. It is so frustrating that throughout my time with talktalk I have encountered problems every step of the way. My initial attempt to join was cancelled by talktalk as I needed an engineer, I booked this and then was signed up to a more expensive contract as my original offer had been cancelled. I was charged 2-3 bills a month of odd values and later fought to have these refunded (and rightfully so, I was overcharged). I must have spent 12 hours+ on the phone to talk talk/these forums over the past 12 months. My signal kept dropping out and I had 3 engineer visits + a new router. Then at the end of my contract it has been a hassle again for talktalk to acknowledge I am leaving, then I was overcharged again, which was fixed, but then as you say "this failed", so I had to fight again.

I have tried to log into my talktalk account to check your fix has worked but there are "technical difficulties" at the moment so I can't log on.

What an absolute poo show talktalk is.

I thank you for your help, because if it wasn't for you, this journey, unbelievably, would be even worse...

If talktalk go bust tomorrow I'd die a happy man. 

Message 4 of 16

Hi @Tartanarmy1

It looks like the cease that was placed failed , generating another bill,  I have escalated this to have it closed ASAP. 

The balance has also been cleared. 

Apologies again.

0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 5 of 16

Hi all,

The saga continues. I have now received a 'latest bill' request of £39. This is despite the fact I was told on the phone a few weeks ago that my small final bill ( a few days worth of broadband) was generously declared settled by talktalk.

Why am I now being asked for £39?  I was of the understanding that my account wiht talktalk was finished and my bill was settled.

Please help I am so so so sick of this.

Message 6 of 16

Hi Tartanarmy1

Just to confirm, there is a cease on the account, however it was manually placed and nothing that was caused by your new provider.  

The account will cancel in the next 24 hours. 

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 16

@Tartanarmy1, our posts crossed earlier, so I was actually replying to this message:

"When I joined SKY they said they would communicate with TALKTALK and all I had to do was wait. I am NOT paying for two landlines when I don't even use any of them. Sorry but the customer service on the phone is absolutely atrocious. I have spent hour of my life on those TALKTALK phone lines. Can you please sort this? I am at my wits end with TALKTALK. I'd rather sandpaper my own skin that try and sort this via your phone handlers"

....rather than your subsequent one. Unfortunately the forum doesn't always seem to work in real time, and sometimes a page will not be updated quite as promptly as it should be, which can cause confusion!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 16

Billing does not know you are leaving, they play catch-up.

If you moved just after a billing date, TT will have charged you for a full month as they bill in advance, possibly at the out-of-contract rate which you should have paid.

Late payment charges may still apply.

Once the changeover is complete and the actual leaving date known, TT will produce another bill showing a credit for those days after disconnection, which can be reclaimed.

If there is no DD in place you will have to request a cheque as BACS refunds can only be processed to the account related to the DD.

Provided you have requested the refund, two months after leaving you will receive a bill for £0.00

0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 16

Ok but I just called TALKTALK, literally just off the phone. She said I didn't need to let them know about the landline as they were already notified by SKY. What am I supposed to do? I was advised to call, I did and they call handler said everything was in order and I didn't need to "cancel" as SKY had already notified them.

Here I go again on my own....

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 16

The only way to cancel if the other company didn't keep your phone number is by calling Talktalk, @Tartanarmy1.

It is possible to write by snailmail (see Ts&Cs) but of course that will take much longer.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 16

Ok so I called the number and actually spoke to a very helpful woman who could understand my enquiry. She said I didn't have to call them as they already had a cease notification from SKY. She also said that that I don't owe any money and they would waive the "couple of days" use I have got. I thought I had got 15 days use but apparently is is only two. I should not have been billed the nearly £40.

Confused as to why I was given conflicting information on here but happy IF this outcome is actioned. 

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 16

When I joined SKY they said they would communicate with TALKTALK and all I had to do was wait. I am NOT paying for two landlines when I don't even use any of them. Sorry but the customer service on the phone is absolutely atrocious. I have spent hour of my life on those TALKTALK phone lines. Can you please sort this? I am at my wits end with TALKTALK. I'd rather sandpaper my own skin that try and sort this via your phone handlers. 

Message 13 of 16

If sky have given you a new number your account with us will not close, call us on  03451720088 to cancel the account. 

0 Likes

Tartanarmy1
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 16

Hi Arne,

In the early hours of the 27th the TALKTALK router stopped working and on the afternoon of the 27th our SKY router arrived, we plugged it in and it worked. We also have a new landline number with SKY however we don't have a physical landline and never have done. 

I still think £40 for only 15 days is very steep. If I'd have not switched for another 15 days we would be in the £80 a month category. Hope this is an error? Also how do I pay a one-off payment now that m direct debit is cancelled. I do no regret this as my TALKTALK experience has been horrendous and I have been overcharged before (which was corrected after a mammoth effort - I think you helped).

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi Tartanarmy1

Sorry that you have left us.  

Your bill will be fully itemized,  I suspect that as your minimum term will have ended, your previous discounts will have also ended also which explains the increase on this bill

I cant see any request to cancel on your line, have Sky given you a new landline number? 

0 Likes