Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Log In Problem - Domain Not Recognised

JasonW39
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I've got exactly the same issue as others. I go to login and I get the domain not recognised message.

I went through the forgotten e-mail process and received a text with the e-mail address I expected. I copied that straight from the text message to the login page but still got the same message.

I think the login process is broken. What can be done to fix it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi. I'm told this should be fixed tomorrow. They've identified the cause of the issue and are working to clear it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for confirming the security information MichaelFLong. I've raised this issue to the business and will let you know once I have a reply. I suspect we'll end up deregistering your existing login eventually, but will hold off doing that until I'm told either way. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Top level domain not recognised.png

An example using the name of one of the Community managers. It's not a registered domain and in theory the whole of the domain, in this example, fell.name ought to be checked, not just the .name part.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Hi Jason

Yes, I can replicate that particular issue so I'll alert TalkTalk Support for you. In association with personal names the .name is a valid top level domain (TLD). I guess TalkTalk's software developers didn't check that anyone wasn't already using that TLD.

0 Likes

JasonW39
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Thanks. I've uploaded two images - the first is the error message on the login page. The second is the text message from TalkTalk confirming my e-mail address which I received this afternoon when I went through the forgotten email process. (The e-mail address hasn't changed since I first got TalkTalk service about 9 years ago)

TalkTalkErrorMessage.jpgTalkTalkText.jpg

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Jason

Would you screenshot the login error. Image edit to obscure the first part of the email username login before uploading here using the camera icon, or picture icon if using a mobile browser, above this reply area.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

0 Likes