Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract but billed more than agreed

StrongArm
Participant
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

I've just signed up for a new 18 month contract (fibre 65) and it as been billed more than agreed.

I have a screenshot if needed.

Regards

Rob

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13
0 Likes

StrongArm
Participant
Message 2 of 13

Waste of time,

From the no price increase guaranteed saga to the not charging what was agreed on this contract.

I've had enough, at the end of my contract I will gladly walk away.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Only the loyalty team can amend this, unfortunately it has to be done over the phone there is no facility to arrange a outbound call to you.

Sorry 

0 Likes

StrongArm
Participant
Message 4 of 13

Message from private chat.

Msg 1 (person 1)

"I can see your plan is £25 per month, what price was offered when you renewed?"

Msg 2 (person 2)

You are going to have to call our loyalty team as it appears the wrong discount has been applied, unfortunately I cant modify it Call the loyalty team on 03451720088

Errrrr why doesn't support flag the problem to the loyalty team ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

I never received a confirmation email of my new contract but I had this sent on 21 Dec 2021.

Dear Mr [DELETED],
Now more than ever, we’re all realising how important it is to stay connected with friends and family online. We’ve seen many of our customers increase their usage over the last few months, using their internet to work from home, stream their favourite Netflix shows, catch up with friends and family on Zoom video calls, and much more.
Now that you’re coming towards the end of your Superfast Fibre and Line Rental contract on 22 January 2022, which costs you £25.50 per month, we want to highlight some of the options available to you going forward. As part of our commitment to Fairer Broadband for all of our customers, we’ve highlighted these potential next steps for you below, along with instructions on how you can take out these offers should you wish.
The first option available for you is that you can stay on your existing service and automatically move to a new price of £33.95 per month. We also recently got in touch to let you know your contract is going up, meaning you’ll pay a little extra from 25 April 2021 until your contract ends. You don’t have to do anything at all, just sit back and enjoy your great value connection whilst we handle everything else. You’ll be then out of contract with maximum flexibility to upgrade with us any time you like.
The second option available for you is to move onto a new, matching Fibre 65 and Line Rental contract for £25.00 per month for another 18 months. Click here to order now.
Prices listed do not include charges for any other additional services, such as calling boosts or security. If you wish to review all of your products, services and available offers, visit My Account.
Got a question about your contract?
View some of our most frequently asked questions.
After your contract ends, you can change to another provider without any early termination charges, or you can stay on your existing service. If you decide to leave before then, we require 30 days’ notice.
You can find out more here.

Your TalkTalk Team

I took up this offer.

Talktalk 25pm Screenshot.JPG

I then pressed the "click here to order"

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi StrongArm

Do you have your confirmation email from the renewal in December

The order that was placed shows £25.50.

0 Likes

StrongArm
Participant
Message 7 of 13

Well this is a matter of principle.

This month's bill is now in and it's  £25.50, the same as my old contract.

The contract offer I renewed at stated £25 per month.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thanks I've replied.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi @StrongArm

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 13

Ok, the support team will check on this for you and reply as soon as they can.

0 Likes

StrongArm
Participant
Message 11 of 13

Thanks for the reply, having looked at the bill breakdown it seems to be at the same rate going forward as I was paying before.

The new contract stated slightly less on sign up.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

What did you agree and what is the discrepancy? Bear in mind that if this all happened recently then your latest bill will not necessarily reflect this, but will be adjusted going forwards.