Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recieved letter saying I will be charged for paper billing, but the issue is on your end not mine!

Croccy22
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

I have just received a letter saying that I am going to be charged for paper billing unless I update my email details.

The email address I use for my TalkTalk account is my talktalk email address, and there are no problems with it at all. I can log into it and have sent emails to it which have arrived.

However, I can no longer log into my talktalk "My Account". Every time I try I just get a message saying "Sorry due to technical issues we can’t log you in right now. Please try again later."

I tried resetting my password (Even though I know it is correct), and neither method (either by phone number or email) actually send me the code. So it appears there is a fault on my account,  and there is nothing I can do to fix this.

I will not be very happy if you try to charge me extra for paper billing due to a technical issue on your end!

Can someone please let me know what information you need to fix this issue.

Thanks, Matt.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

@audreyS, the way the forum works, you need to start your own thread for this issue. 

Go back to the billing message board and click on start a topic.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

audreyS
Visitor
Message 2 of 13

I am having the same kind of trouble in spite of "chatting"  for an hour and ringing you and being told all had been resolved  and it hasn,t When the account was in my husband,s name it used my email address.  As m y husband now has altheimers I run the account (and have always done it)  Talk talk send me paper bills and will not accept my email address.  I do not want 2 email accounts .  I am 88 years old and ,life is difficult enough without all the trouble with talk talk.  PLEASE how do I get this sorted.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Croccy22

Your old email address has been removed from the old disconnected account. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Replacing the old MyAccount login with an alternative non-TalkTalk email address is a good move because that will allow the easy unlinking of the TalkTalk email login but don't under any circumstances delete that address from the old MyAccount as that will be a permanent deletion.

Have you tried to add the email address to your new MyAccount? This should work if the address is no longer the login address for the old MyAccount and provided that the address is still active, as explained. 

But if following the guide below and adding is not successful then TalkTalk Support will be able to add an active address to your MyAccount for you. Expect their reply from Tuesday onwards.

Email not showing in My Account

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Croccy22
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 13

Hi,

That is why I have asked for TalkTalk to delete my old account. I would be more than happy with that as a solution. I never wanted to setup a TalkTalk email in the first place. I had to do it because of a long and complicated issue that talktalk had with my account years ago and they had to create me a new account and they couldn't accept my actual email address as it was in use by the old account.

If TalkTalk can either delete the old account or move the email address to my current account then great! I can then ditch my talktalk email address.

As I said, I can already log into the old account, and I tried removing my email address from it and replacing it with a different one, but it still hasn't freed up the email address so the system still won't allow me to associate it to my active account.

I appreciate you are only trying to help, but only someone from TalkTalk can resolve this issue. I don't care whether they either sort out the TalkTalk account or free up my actual email address so I can use it with my active account.

I would phone them up but from past experience, the telephone support is beyond useless. I normally get a much better response from posting on here with TalkTalk staff replying.

Hopefully they will see this message and will be able to rectify the issue.

Thanks, Matt.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Croccy22 

TalkTalk Support can move your former mail address, if it's still active on the mail platform, to your current MyAccount so long as you have a spare slot in the 5 mailboxes allowed.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is not active on the TalkTalk Mail platform you'll see a deleted error message. And if the email address is still active and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, you'll be able to recognise those from the *****hints.

Clearing the stop on sending with the Billing system requires a fault ticket and manual intervention.  A fault ticket may not be accepted which is why I've given you the self-help solution as not only is it an easy workaround it's more secure for you.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 13

They have preferred non Talktalk addresses for billing ever since the hacking scandal in 2015, so it is not that daft, @Croccy22.

It's the way the system works, as Gondola outlined above, and they will not change that whole system because of the inconvenience to a few customers. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Croccy22
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 13

Hi,

Sorry but that isn't the solution. I don't want to have to setup yet another e-mail account just so I can receive a TalkTalk bill which I don't need anyway, I log into myaccount if I want to read my bill.

My talktalk account is set up to use my talktalk email address. There is nothing wrong with that email address, I can send emails to it without any issue, I also receive many emails from TalkTalk to that same email account.

The reason I had to create this secondary TalkTalk account in the first place was that I can't use my primary email address because TalkTalk thinks it is already in use by another member (Which it isn't, the other account is an ancient TalkTalk account of mine which they haven't deleted, and even though I have logged into it and changed the email address on that account, it still won't let me re-use my actual email address).

The solution to this problem is not for me to setup a third email account just to deal will TalkTalk billing. The solution is for TalkTalk to fix the issue they are having at their end.

They can either delete my old disused account so I can re-claim my primary email address, or they can look into why their billing system is unable to email their own email system (when other systems of theirs are still emailing me without issue).

Thanks, Matt.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Matt

The solution is very easy and that's to use a non-TalkTalk email address for the MyAccount login. So, just create a free Gmail or Yahoo address and then login to your customer MyAccount and set that up as the MyAccount login and for billing notifications to avoid the paper billing charge. You can also use a unique password for MyAccount which makes it stronger than using the same password as the TalkTalk email address.

The reason the 'paper billing' issue happens is because the TalkTalk billing system has had email bounced back as undelivered. There might have been a transient issue with your email. But the billing system then stops sending to that address. It's a precautionary stop on sending to prevent the billing system being blacklisted which would happen if the non-delivery was due to blocking receipt.

All new customers need to start off with a non-TalkTalk email address for the MyAccount login so it's just reverting to that really.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi,

I have now received another letter saying I am now being charged for paper statement. Firstly can you please get this charge refunded. Secondly can you fix YOUR problem.

I can send emails to my talktalk email address without any issues. So if TalkTalk can't send email to their one email system then that is clearly your problem not mine!

I only have one more email address, but I can't use that because it is still linked to a different TalkTalk account from years ago, and despite me trying to change the old account, it still won't let me use it as it just says it is in use already.

I have just renewed with a 24 month contract with TalkTalk, but if this isn't sorted I will be using my right to cancel. I don't have time to be dealing with stupid stuff like this.

So can somebody please investigate this and fix the issue.

If you need any account information then please PM me.

Many Thanks, Matt.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Croccy22

I have checked the account and there is no indication that a charge is to be applied, 

Do you have an alternative non-Talktalk email address that you can use to re-register for My Account? 

0 Likes

Croccy22
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 13

The password reset was eventually sent to me through the code. But even after resetting the password, I still get the technical error problem so can't log in.

I can log into my talktalk email account fine though.

0 Likes