cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Stuck without service for months, can anybody please help?

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 11 of 11

So to cut to the chase, I have this showing on my TT dashboard:

"Pending requests

Fibre 150 Data Only - Package Cancellation

We're progressing your cancellation request. We're sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us, we'd love you to stay - get in touch on 0345 172 0078 and a member of our team would be delighted to help find a new plan that works for you."

Long story short I had Fiber 65 for a number of years at my address and then upgraded to Fiber 150 which I then cancelled within the cooling off period. I had my final bill sent to me etc. and I tried to take out a new service with another provider which ultimately fails each time. 

After a lot of investigations, open complaints with TT which have gone nowhere and being passed from dept. to dept. it turns out that there is an open cease order on my line, for the interested.. my FTTP number is FTTPXXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS which does in fact show as "DISCONNECTED" in my dashboard. Disconnected with an open pending request to change an order, I'm no expert but could the request fail due to the disconnected status of the line? I guess that would be just too easy.

I called TT the other day, spoke to order management and they again tell me that they cannot see anything associated with my account and I should be able to raise a new order with anyone and get service but this just is not the case and it feels like I've somehow ended up in position that cannot be resolved without someone who has the knowledge on how to properly look in to these sort of issues.. Sadly anyone I speak to over the phone, including complaint level personnel don't appear to have such knowledge. 

I cancelled my service back in March and have been without proper broadband since. Can anybody offer advice or even take a look in to this issue? 

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

The cease has been confirmed as cancelled , you will need to go through the sales team to place a new order, the dashboard in my account will not work.    

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

I'll  double check with our provisioning team that the cease has been removed. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Arne, thanks for the update. 

The dashboard still shows as pending cancellation and a bill of £0 due in a couple days with my contract still in place until 2026. Hopefully this has no actual bearing upon my attempts of getting a new service setup. 

I did have another service cancelled but as I mentioned I'm not sure if that was due to the cease orders being released and then removing the new order? Not sure if anyone can confirm this just so it's clear as I would love to pay TalkTalk for a broadband service but it seems rather difficult to get going. 

I can share with you my account number of the other account securely if you require it, or possibly a search on my ONT/line would bring up this information. 

Anyway, if someone can confirm when it's "safe" for me to raise a new order that would be appreciated as my credit score is getting an absolute pasting from hard searches when taking out new orders only for them to be cancelled. 

Thanks again,

Aaron

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Cheers Arne

I can see that my new separate order was also cancelled, which was on a different account. I'm assuming this is normal, as if everything has been cancelled? Do you know how long it may take until my dashboard shows it's clear? I'll try hold off on doing anything until then. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi @For_The_Love_Of_God

We have found the open cease and spoken to Openreach who have said the order will be manually cancelled in 24 hours from now clearing the line. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Thanks Arne,

I have opened another account/service with TT for my address.. hoping this  one can go through and they identify the issue and resolve with my original account. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi @For_The_Love_Of_God 

I have asked the provisioning team to check this, will let you know what they say.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thank you Gliwmaeden2,

I have added my account number in my profile, hopefully it is available to whomever may need it.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I'll move this to the billing section for you, @For_The_Love_Of_God.

I know it's not about billing, but it is about a fault in "My Account".

I've removed the account number and phone number which you published. That sort of thing should never show in the public thread. 

Please complete your community forum profile details  - go via your avatar; settings....Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes