Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Fibre 35 but getting billed for Faster Fibre at £33.95

Catbus
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I got an email saying that my Faster Fibre contract comes to an end on 6th Feb and that if I don't switch to a different plan then I'll automatically be charged £33.95 (an increase of £10) per month. So I switched to Fibre 35 (£23 per month) on the 11th Jan using the link in the email, but I can't see a record of it anywhere in my account and haven't received a confirmation email. Also, I've just received my latest bill and noticed it's higher than usual: it seems I've been charged £11.55 for Faster Fibre for the period of 7-17th of Feb (which is when I should be starting the Fibre 35 contract).

Could someone please check this for me and amend the current bill if it's incorrect? Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Catbus
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 6

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2, I'll remember to check the next bill

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

ALWAYS worth taking screenshots as we go! Lucky that you did that and that you followed up so promptly when you saw your bill, @Catbus.

Talktalk can't change the current bill, but the following one should show a correction pro rata. Staff can check that it has actually been set up correctly for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Catbus
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 6

Finally got everything sorted after a whole hour on live chat. They denied having sent me any emails and said I could upgrade to Fibre 65 for £29.95 a month. I showed them screenshots of the original email offer showing £23 p/m for Fibre 35 and the 'Thank you for changing your plan' page after I accepted it, so they've agreed to those terms. All a bit strange but I'm glad it's sorted.

Catbus
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 6

Hi, Thanks for the link. I definitely switched to Fibre 35 as I took a screen shot afterwards. I'm not sure why it doesn't appear to have worked, but hopefully live chat can help.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

The charge to 17th Feb looks like a pro rata increase at out of contract prices, @Catbus.

You can reach Talktalk directly today (not Sunday) on 03451 720046 or any day after 9am on Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Staff on the forum will respond during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes