Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number to another company

trilock
Chat Champion
Message 17 of 17

i am wanting to port my number to another company but talktalk keep stopping the porting procedure because they say there is an address problem. 

I went onto my account and printed my bill and gave that to the new company who have tried twice using the address thats on my bill, but each time talk talk say nope address problem

i have been on calls with talktalk multiple times and no help.

the other company has said they will not try again unless i have written email from talktalk confirming my own address, which they will not do

all i want and need to know is why are talktalk stopping my number from being ported over and what can i do about it

someone please help 

Ed
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17
0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

it has something to do with 2 separate completely different addresses on 2 systems, A normal Ordi request updates the LLU leg of the system to match the NGA system, but  as there were 2 addresses different from the correct address only 1 request can be made a any one time.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Ok great to hear . Was there a problem , if you don't mind me asking, why having to send twice .

Ed
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Latest update is there has been a 2nd request made to Openreach to amend the address this was done on Friday so we are waiting for the response.

Will keep you updated.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi any update on this or openreach response on different address

Ed
0 Likes

trilock
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 17

Yes it is.  

Ed
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi @trilock

Openreach a different house number  for your address, Is the address in the Private notes 100% correct. 

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

I have requested an ORDI to been sent, it usually takes 10 days. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

i thought that also, but have been reassurred that they have done it many times for other talktalk customers

Ed
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 11 of 17

As FIBRUS is a full fibre company and only provide VoIP telephone service, you may well find that there is no porting agreement with TT and your landline number cannot be taken over by Fibrus.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

also want to add

i quickly looked at talktalk packages to see if you had a pay as you go tarriff, becasue im now paying 2 seperate companys, but it is saying there is an order in progress??????????????? and i made no order???????

Ed
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

updated address postcode

moving to fibrus

Ed
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

found the private notes.  and added my address.

i want to add a footnote, when i built my house there was no real address as the postcode had not been set up, but i still was able to get a phone line installed by talktalk.

Ed
0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

wheres the private notes section

and its fibrus is the internet company

Ed
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi @trilock

Sorry that you are leaving us.

What provider are you trying to move too? 

Also can you add your full address to the private notes section and I can request an ORDI 

Thank you. 

0 Likes