cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

HUAWEI HG633 router problems

14 REPLIES
Highlighted
Discodoyle
Visitor

After spending over 1 and half hours on chat to TT on Saturday morning running through the problems with my wi-fi connection (despite ironically upgrading to 'fast' broadband) everything the technical department guy tried didn't resolve or improve the issues so he said he would check the line and disconnected!! haven't heard a word since now, i've seen all the comments on here from people with this same device and exactly the same issues, has TT tried to sort this out or do we just move on as I'm paying for next to no service?   

Curly Al
Visitor

I have the same problem. I have tried to post this reply 3 times and lost connection every time. Phone helpline did no good and could not keep connection long enough to get any help from live chat. I am going to cancel 'faster broadband' and go back to old router I think.

This is a terrible unusable service.

Community Team

Hi Discodoyle

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Your line is showing in sync at 15.7mb.

Are you experiencing slow speeds or drops in connection? 

Do you only experience this issue if you connect wireless?

Thanks

Debbie

Discodoyle
Visitor

Hi Debbie, thank you for getting back to me, I explained to the technical department all the problems but briefly, my PC is wired and works fine our devices drop in and out of connection especially when they are not next to the router eg. upstairs we can barely get a bar. On my phone when I try to connect I get the following messages 'authentication problem' 'connected, no internet' even though according to the router the internet is working and the relevant green lights are flashing. The technical dept ran me through the usual checks before I was disconnected plus we didn't have this problem before we upgraded to 'fast' broadband it wasn't perfect and was slow but we didn't have the almost complete lack of wi-fi service we have now?

Julie

Community Team

Hi Julie

Apologies for this.

Have you tested different wireless channels to see how the connection compares?

How do I change my wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Discodoyle
Visitor

I have used troubleshooter to try to fix things and we have tried rebooting repeatedly also resetting back to factory setting, when I check the router in admin it tells me I have full wi fi signal on my android phone when i actually have none! it shows that we all have good connection when we haven't, the whole family has these issues with their devices not just me, the worse scenario is when it shows as full signal even on your device but loads absolutely nothing or takes 5 minutes to load and then says try again! that's the way mine has been most of today

Discodoyle
Visitor

Hi, agreed and the stress it causes i've been tempted to stamp on the router the technical team member I spoke to also seem to know less about technical issues than my 14 year old son!! 

Community Team

Hi Discodoyle,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares and to rule out any issues with the current router?

Thanks

Discodoyle
Visitor
Community Team

Hi

A new router model is on the way for testing.

This should arrive in the next 24-48 working hours.

Thanks

Karl.

Discodoyle
Visitor

Thank you, fingers crossed that it helps

Community Team
Discodoyle
Visitor

Wow what a difference! thank you for fast despatch arrived this afternoon, we haven't had any of the problems we were having with the other router so far and it is also quicker! 

Dannyleerogers
Visitor

Hello, I am having problems with the same router, connection drops out or the router seems to randomly reboot it self.

I have been on the phone to technical help they tell me to do the same thing everytime but nothing change's. 

I tell them it's not a WiFi range issue the thing is switching it self on and off, again try this, try that, no change again.

Is this a router problem?

Community Team

Hi Discodoyle,

Thanks for keeping us updated :)

Dannyleerogers - I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks