cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet constantly dropping out and losing work !

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
First Timer

My internet signal is dropping out constantly all day and has been for over a week now making it almost impossible to have confidence in any work being saved or video calls - can't operate like this - the TT test says the line is 'healthy'  

Please advise 

Thanks

Carol

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Carol321 ,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you for responding - it's driving me mad today too.   

The router is flashing constantly - in fact I have never seen it with static light.

I will update my profile details now - thank you.

Carol

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Carol,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've checked the connection stats and the connection looks stable for almost 5 days. Just to confirm, are you connected wired or wireless when the connection is unstable?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Michelle

The internet has dropped out twice whilst sending you this reply !  It is anything but stable.

Sometime needs connecting 10 times a day.  It's all wireless and the router is a Talktalk DSL 2640R

Carol 😞

Highlighted

Hi Carol,

Thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank you Michelle - I would happily try anything at the moment.- it is so unreliable.  The router is the one I was originally provided with when I joined the organisation.

Thanks for support - hope you are all keeping safe ?

Carol

Highlighted

Hi Carol

We are thank you. We hope you are too.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
First Timer

Much appreciated Debbie - thank you - be in touch.

Carol

Highlighted
Highlighted
First Timer

Debbie

I'm gutted - the service was going so well - Yodel have just messaged me to say they have delivered by router - but I have not receicved anything - they are investigating but could you confirm to my provate email tnat you have my address correct please....

Carol

Highlighted

Hi Carol,

If your router still hasn't turned up can you PM me your full address and I'll check 

Thanks

Chris