Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router received which has not been requested.

Charity17
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Out of the blue and without any notification or email from TalkTalk a parcel containing a new router was delivered by Yodel (actually it was left next to one of my refuse bins due to not being at home).

I have checked on my account and there is no indication as to why I have received this and if there will be a charge raised at some future date.   Is this now TalkTalk practice as in the past I have only been given a new router when there has been a fault.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Allan 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Charity17
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for looking into this. I will install new router and see how it goes. Would just suggest TalkTalk advise customers they will receive a new router so there is no confusion.

Thanks to all for your responses

Allan

Message 3 of 7

Hi Allan,

That model of router is quite old and it is a good idea to replace this.

There are no charges for the replacement router and I do suggest you swap this over and see if there is any improvement with your connection or wifi.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Charity17
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 7

Hi Michelle

The original is a D-Link router issued by TalkTalk.    The model appears to be DSL - 3780 which is shown on the underside

of the router.   Is this the information that you required?

Allan

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Can I just confirm, what is the make and model of your original router please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Complete your community forum profile details, @Charity17, for staff to check why it was sent out.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

There shouldn't be a charge for something that you have not asked for, but if you don't return the old one they will start chasing that up.

Wait for staff to reach your thread before doing anything. They reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes