Need help?

Check and report: 08009555511

Unblocked

Number currently active

searches for this number

comments made

Learn more about CallSafe

CallSafe is our new, free security feature that works in the background to help stop unwanted callers from reaching you.

Your comments

Had 2 calls yesterday & a call earlier. Have now Barred the No home phone but also called on my Mobile.

By: Anonymous

1 year ago
Calls disconnect when I answer.

1 year ago
called by talktalk on landline, they were inquiring about a recent problem with line, began to describe problem, as I was talking landline shut down and seems to have disconnected . Thanks Talk Talk, past 2 years service has been dreadful, looking forward to ending my contract.

1 year ago
I was called by this number. I’m not with TalkTalk by the way. He was looking for John Hillman, I do know Mr Hillman but how this guy got hold of my number, I’ve no idea. Please sort this out. Thank you. Wendy J

1 year ago
Got a call from this number they said " I'm calling from Talktalk, thiers a problem with your account ". Rembering the 'Hang up and make a brew' advert thats what I did and posted here. I'm not sure if it is a scam though now as I do have a fault on my line that Talktalk / Openreach are fixing.

By: Pacman69

1 year ago
Look at this "THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS NUMBER AND STILL ACTIVE "TALK TALK" YOU ARE "IDIOTS" OF THE FIRST ORDER.

By: Graham Newman

1 year ago
I have received 3 calls from 0809555511 in the past 24 hours, but, as Talk Talk know, , the landline number being called is out of action, and has been down for several days due to a fault somewhere between the incoming line and my master socket. I cannot make or reply to any calls because of this.

1 year ago
Had booked a call back and at 2 minutes past the start of the allotted time you said you would call me in, the phone rang. Answered within 10 seconds and there was no one on the other end, the number that was left is the one above, was this genuine ? if so you should allow more time for someone to answer..

By: DennisX

1 year ago
Wanted 2 digits from my password, i said no, she new my name, i put phone down. I had a call to my land land a few minutes before from 08009555544 same response from me. Are they genuine?

By: gullrock1

1 year ago

Looks like you’ve been called from a TalkTalk number

However it’s important to remember that scammers can do something called Caller Id spoofing, this is where the number calling you is masked by a different number so that when you check your caller ID you see the spoofed number rather than the scammers number.

Remember when we call, we’ll NEVER:

• Use your TalkTalk account number to prove a call is genuine 
  • Ask you to provide your full password, we'll only ever ask for two digits in order to protect your security
  • Ask for your bank details to process a refund - if you're a TalkTalk customer, your bank details are already registered on our systems. 
  • Ask you to send us money through services such as Moneygram or Western Union. Scammers do this to prevent transactions from being traced back to them.

Scammers are becoming increasingly sophisticated so you should always be wary. If you’re unsure or suspect a caller could be a scammer just Hang up, Make a cup of tea and Call them back on a number you know to be correct which you can normally find on a recent bill or correspondence.

By: StephenF

2 years ago

Add a new comment

300 characters remaining

How did they contact you?

What type of call is it?

Learn more about scam calls

Scam Calls are a growing issue, not just in the UK but across the Globe, with fraud scams being the most common crime committed in the UK.

Fraudsters are constantly coming up with new ways to trick victims to part with their cash, so stay one step ahead of them and keep up-to-date with the latest scams and way to protect yourself.

Stop unwanted callers

Dial 1472 to switch on CallSafe now