cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASCI code

I8this
Philosopher
Message 6 of 6

In the new `Check and Report` it is using ASCI Character Code when reports or replies are made, can something be done about this?

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You are misunderstanding.

I asked if you would "Let us have a link to your report (on the Check and Report board) where you see anything unusual, other than the html, being displayed." You didn't provide that feedback to this forum hence I confirmed you had nothing further to report (to this feedback forum).

Genuine customer reports to Check and Report are received ok. The first report of a number is checked. If a genuine number is being used by the registered user to make unauthorised calls then that can be blocked on the TalkTalk network.

But scammers spoof genuine numbers. It's not reasonable to block the registered user in an attempt to disrupt a scammer so it's best for TalkTalk customers to use CallSafe to screen calls and defeat the scammer that way. Dial 1472 to switch on CallSafe.

'I8this' wrote:..I do report the scam emails and phone calls were they should be, the `Check and Report` section...

Scam emails received by a TalkTalk Consumer managed email address should be forwarded from the email address to phishing@talktalk.co.uk so the TalkTalk security team can check and block them on the TalkTalk network where appropriate. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 2 of 6

@Gondola   Quote:-  Noted you have nothing extra to report.

I do report the scam emails and phone calls were they should be, the `Check and Report` section, so have a look at the members reports there. Not that TT seem to be doing anything to block them, as already reported to LorraineF a couple of weeks ago, TT `Security` appear to have not reported that they blocked any for many months.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Noted you have nothing extra to report. The pending bug fix doesn't impact in any way on genuine reports from customers receiving a scam phone call via the TalkTalk network. Thank you for your original report on ASCI (sic) characters. 

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 4 of 6

No matter what you call them, we should not be seeing them. Just another example of an update/upgrade that has not been thoroughly tested before being released to the forum members

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

We don't see any ASCII characters but do see symbols like & (ampersand) and ! (exclamation) and ' (apostrophe), for example, being converted to their HTML equivalents. That's a bug fix issue.

If you personally receive a scam call via the TalkTalk network (no third party other network reports) and you report that TalkTalk network call by typing in the number and the circumstances then there should be no display issues (save symbols we know about).  Almost all reports are made without a display problem.

Let us have a link to your report where you see anything unusual being displayed.

0 Likes