cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering within Topic

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 9 of 9

I've noticed that the original post is always numbered "n of  n" and that the replies below it start at "1 of n". Here is an example screen dump showing what I mean:

Birchcroft_0-1625057264277.png

Surely it would be better to stick with the old system of numbering the original post "1 of n" or alternatively leaving it un-numbered rather than keeping changing its number as replies are added.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

True, and I did notice and forget about that.  However under normal circumstances it is something I would probably not notice.  The reason I say that is that if the post is off-screen when visiting a topic I would not normally scroll to one of my previous posts to look at it, rather I would be looking at the latest posts to the topic and in all likelyhood would not percive a need to scroll back to my previous posts.

It is also of concern that while it shows the post has been edited there is no indication of the changes made.

Message 2 of 9

@Birchcroft wrote:

resolution but it is something that didn't concern me as I could check via "Notifications" (as accessed via the avatar).  In this case there was nothing about the edit there or, to the best of my knowledge, anywhere else.

It is displayed atop your opening post @Birchcroft ..............

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 21.48.38.png

~R.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

@I8this Simple answer is NO.

But in general in find email  notifications sporadic.  In so far as while I get emails regarding likes I don't get emails relating to new posts to a topic.   I know this was a common problem a while back which probably has some form of resolution but it is something that didn't concern me as I could check via "Notifications" (as accessed via the avatar).  In this case there was nothing about the edit there or, to the best of my knowledge, anywhere else.☹️

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 4 of 9

@Birchcroft  more to the point, did you receive a forum notification message, as required, that Gondola had done an edit?

@TheHornedOne  FYI

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 5 of 9

@Michelle-TalkTalk It is the same on a desktop and an Android phone regardless of browser, but see my response to @I8this  below.

@I8this thanks for the tip.  When I select oldest to newest it goes back to the more logical order, as in the old site, and the one which I would expect to be the default.  That said, if one chooses the newest to oldest order I would still expect the number allocated to a post to relate to when it was posted rather than its position in the list.  IE the 1st post should be number 1 and the 2nd number 2 etc regardless of which order in which they are listed.

@TheHornedOne you are seeing the same as me, a display I find illogical, following the suggestion in @I8this  post resolves the issue, but see above for my view on this.  As to your PS, no I did not sanction @TheHornedOne 's edit.

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 6 of 9

I am currently seeing this @Birchcroft ................

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 14.29.35.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-30 at 14.30.16.png

.............. Message 2 of 2 followed by, Message 1 of 2,  and, I am also unable to reply to YOUR post directly!

~R.

PS ~ Did you sanction Community Star Gondolas 01:58 PM edit?

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 7 of 9

@Birchcroft    I have found that if you click the `Oldest to Newest`option it seems to work.

Sort:

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I've just checked and mine shows message 1 of 1. Can I just confirm, which browser are you using and what device does this happen on please?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes