cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread pm’s?

Gromit
Community Star
Message 11 of 11

When I log in there is a red circle with a “2” in it at my avatar top right which I assume refers to unread pm’s, but I don’t have any.

Gromit

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

I8this
Philosopher
Message 1 of 11

@Gliwmaeden2  said `don't hold your breath ....` having been around since the Tiscali days that is something I learned not to do a long, long time ago in the expectation that TT would actually do something in a swift and timely manner to solve a problem.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 11

It's been happening since before the change to the new website, @I8this, so for several months. It's a "known issue", but there are so many, don't hold your breath ....

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

I8this
Philosopher
Message 3 of 11

As per my previous post, without reading the notification with Thunderbird, when I logged in to post this reply, again there was a figure 1 alongside my avatar but no number alongside the Bell 

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Bring back the 'Old Ways' ................. I like the old ways!

~R.

I8this
Philosopher
Message 5 of 11

@Birchcroft  I tend to read the reply post notifications with Thunderbird, (not the PM,s though), what I have just noticed, when I logged in to post this reply, there was a figure 1 alongside my avatar but no number alongside the Bell unlike the PM Envelope. If I remember next time I get a reply post notification, I will not to read it in Thunderbird and see what shows, if anything, once logged in the forum.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

So it's the opposite to when one reads a notification and it marks all notifications as read, even those that haven't been😁

0 Likes

I8this
Philosopher
Message 7 of 11

This is now becoming a pita, when you read a PM that does not realy need to be replied to, it still indicates there is a PM to be read.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

Nice one. Hopefully, the bug fixers can find where they misplaced the 'lost' Notifications Waiting number and some glue to stick it back in place very soon. @StephenF ?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Gromit
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for your explanation, I clicked on the bell and found the new notifications.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Gromit 

The number in a red circle on the avatar is the sum of notifications waiting in the Notifications Feed e.g. new replies, likes etc plus the unread Personal messages. On selecting the Avatar you'll see the bell icon for Notifications and the Envelope icon for PM's. A number in a red circle will appear on the envelope icon to indicate unread PM's. A number in a red circle should appear on the bell icon to indicate notifications waiting but currently there's a bug fix awaited because that number in a red circle is absent even when there are notifications waiting.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution