Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

mailzone.onetel

24 REPLIES 24
PeterParslow
Conversation Starter

I'm a OneTel customer, absorbed by TalkTalk ages ago. I've happily continued using my OneTel.com email address, frequently accessing it at mailzone.onetel.com

Today I go there, and the whole interface has changed - been migrated to Horde. Is this for real, or has the site / DNS entry been hacked? I don't even know if I should log in - perhaps it's just an attempt to steal my password?

Peter

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Peter, are you using Internet Explorer or Safari? If you are try another browser and you should see your normal view. It's still safe to use. In fact the URL you should be using https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/login.php .

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

vistula
Team Player

Same problem with Firefox...running out of browsers to try.

PeterParslow
Conversation Starter
I phoned support who confirmed it is a deliberate change to new software. I'm quite happy with the new interface (Horde), I was just suspicious. Using.com I get a certificate error, but I've accepted that. I'd be very surprised if it's browser specific.
OCE_Ady

Hi PeterParslow, at present I'm waiting for more information. So far it seems that this is not a deliberate change to new software but a security certificate that expired combined with customers using cached pages to access the mailzone. All the testing I've done shows a working site at https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/login.php

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

PeterParslow
Conversation Starter

The interface is fine, on either URL - that was a question of switching to Horde the night before last, and not informing us in advance. The certificate error only comes on the onetel.com site, which I've used for years. Obviously the certificate the site is using expects us to come via .net.uk

I've just discovered that my address book didn't make it across to Horde, which is a bit of a pain. Otherwise OK.

I've also had quick timeouts- I'm looking at the list of messages, but when I click on one to view it, I need to log in again. This is probably a session cookie issue. This morning I'm using a relatively locked down work machine, on which I have no control over security settings.

Peter

lreec
First Timer

I keep getting timed out every time I try to do anything.  It's a complete pain.  Hate it.  It shows I have 11 new messages but can only see 5 of them.  Where are the others? I've tried to click on the show by date but every single time I do it times out - same with delete - click on delete an email and I'm timed out.

OCE_Ady

Hi Peter, if you'd like me to log a fault for your missing address book please update your community profile to include your mobile number and the affected email address. If you're no longer a customer I'll also need you to add the following to the private note section of your profile:

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to email address.

Full postal address email is linked to.

PeterParslow
Conversation Starter

Done - the email address was already there; I've updated the phone number to my mobile one.

Oddly, the new interface offers me various other people's address books, as 'shared', but doesn't show me any addresses in them either.

PKing
Chatterbox

You are not alone. This new Onetel interface is a total mess.

I too have mystery "shared"  address books; one with a "markgreen"; and also with someone else named "pmclagan".

I too have found that all my previous folders etc. had apparently disappeared, but can be found occassionally by choosing the "basic phone" option at log-in on my PC.

I am now going to save all my folders by exporting all my emails to a backup gmail account and start telling all my contacts to use my gmail address in future. I will continue to monitor Ontel mail to catch any that get sent there for a few months, and then it will be bye-bye to Onetel.

OCE_Ady

Peter, I'm sorry I need both your landline and mobile numbers. I know I wasn't clear. Once I've got them I'll get the ticket raised for you.

The mail team are aware of the shared mailbox issue and are working to get it sorted asap.

PABrit
Popular Poster

Me too. I have the same shared address books. So much for Data Protection eh?

OCE_Ady

PKing and PABrit, if you're having problems please start your own threads. With regard to the address book issue as you can't see the addresses within the address book it's not a data protection issue and the sharing of address books has been disabled now. You shouldn't see another users address book anymore.

OCE_Ady

Peter, I've logged the fault ticket for you. You'll get updates by text message. Please let us know how you get on.

PABrit
Popular Poster

No need to start another thread since I am merely adding a confirmation that the issue is not confined to the OP but is systemic.

PABrit
Popular Poster

However, I would like to know where all my folders have gone. All I have left is an INBOX. And an empty Address Book which will take hours to rebuild.

vistula
Team Player

What happens when you click on 'Folder Actions' and then on 'Show all mailboxes'?  Do you not see the sent and drafts folders then?

PeterParslow
Conversation Starter
It is a different issue - I never reported any issue with folders, or the user interface in general, just an empty address book . A new thread would be useful
OCE_Ady

PABrit, if you need help with your address book and/or folders you need to start a new thread.

PABrit
Popular Poster

@vistula: Yes, I see them . Thanks for the advice. All I need now is for the contents of my Address Book to be returned.