email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my inbox emails have disappeared overnight

toffee28
Participant
Message 6 of 6

All my inbox emails have disappeared overnight. Nothing in the inbox except new emails sent to me this morning . What has happened ? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi toffee28, have you logged into webmail and checked for filters and forwards that might have been setup by a hacker? You have to login via webmail to check for those.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi toffee28 

If you're not yourself using any other way to collect your email, including another mail service like Gmail, then I recommend that you change your email password as a security precaution.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery.  If you have set up password recovery options, that you recognise from the hints as your current recovery methods, you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

I'll also request that TalkTalk ask for an Inbox repair job to be carried out by the email platform admins to see if there's been a corruption of the Inbox. That may or may not result in recovery of mail messages. 

TalkTalk don't offer a backup service as that's something that users are advised to do. So, fingers crossed that the repair job fixes a corruption if that's what has happened. 

Nobody else has reported an issue following the overnight maintenance so I still think someone downloading your mail is most likely to be the cause. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

toffee28
Participant
Message 3 of 6

I am afraid it’s no to all your questions , including nobody else having access to my email .
The in box emails simply disappeared for no apparent reason . All new emails since then remain in my inbox . 
I feel this is a TalkTalk issue , and I want my emails back !!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 6

Hi toffee28 

What do you think? Something at your end? TalkTalk issue? Or, worst case scenario, someone discovered your password and downloaded your mail. 

Have today's messages remained in the Inbox or have they disappeared as well?

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi toffee28 

There was mail maintenance overnight so I don't discount the possibility of a glitch but the most common cause of mail disappearing from the Inbox is connecting a POP3 mail client to the Inbox that then downloads and deletes all Inbox content.

Have you just set up email software to view mail messages? If so, the mail will be in the local Inbox of whatever device you're using. 

Does anyone else have access to the mailbox?

0 Likes