email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send e-mails - too many recipients

cathygraham
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

I'm getting the following message:  Message could not be sent to the following recipients: xxx (453 - 453 4.2.0 9qKgnszIkXBzs Too Many Recipients (TT604)

I am trying to send 53 e-mails broken down into two groups.  The first has sent.  I now can not send anything at all.  I have important mails that must be sent today.  Do I really have to wait 24 hours to be able to send a second batch?  I'm organizing a party - a domestic event with 60 guests.  How can I manage to send this modest number of e-mails in a day?

Cathy Graham

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi CathyGraham, if yo ufollow Gondola's advice you should be fine.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi cathygraham 

There's no reason why you cannot send mail to a couple of distribution lists where each list is around 25 - 30 email addresses. The rider is that the next send after that would be limited unless waiting for an hour.

However, the TT604 error message is telling you that you're sending to too many unidentified email addresses. i.e. some addresses do not exist or are entered into the list incorrectly.

If the mail system thinks someone is trying email addresses just to see if they go through then it will rate limit sending to restrict any chance of spam being sent.  If rate limiting does get triggered then it can take 24 hours for the limiting to be relaxed.

So that you don't get tripped up by this spam protection measure it would be worth checking addresses are correct, current and individual mailboxes are accepting delivery.  Asking the individuals or using a verification service like Verifalia are a couple of options. Sending individual mail messages would also give you a bounceback error if the mailbox address is 'undeliverable' and breaking the distribution lists into smaller groups sent over a slightly longer time-frame would help to avoid spam protection measures being triggered.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution