email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive email.

Macra2022
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Im getting the same error on dsl.pipex.com on webmail and was just going to post it Also all my web clients on multiple apple devices all time out with pop.dsl.pipex.com is not responding. it’s been like this since about 11:30 today. Must be some issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

'Macra2022' wrote:..Seems to be resolved now, just as my first forum post gets added, thanks 🙂

No worries. Yes looks as though the email admins have rebooted the servers. the smtp.tiscali.co.uk server is responding.

Let us know if you need any additional advice on upgrading your email client settings to use the recommended talktalk.net host name servers.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi Macra2022 

There's an issue with the DNS or smtp.tiscali.co.uk mail server that handles the sending of pipex mail. The email admins are on the case but I'll add you to the report.

Looks like you're still using legacy mail settings so I'll give you the correct settings to use in email clients.

The email client software / app may require updating of email settings. All TalkTalk Consumer mailboxes use the same Email Settings. See  TalkTalk Mail Support Hub

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to remember or save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS (Use SSL on for mobile)
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

Apple/Mac Mail Connection Security is use TLS/SSL

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Macra2022
First Timer
Message 3 of 4

Seems to be resolved now, just as my first forum post gets added, thanks 🙂