email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Reset Email password

LawsonP
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I am trying to reset my wife's email account password, as we cannot remember it.

If we try to use MyAccount, it wants the old password we can't remember before we can change it.

If we try to use WebMail and the "I forgot my password" link, it wants to sent the information to the email account we can't log into.  Brilliant.

I have spent a long time trying to find a number to call on this awful website, but I can't.

Does anyone know how I can contact talktalk to get this fixed, please?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi LawsonP, if you still need help with this on Monday please let me know. I need to send you a personal message to get more information, but the managers who have access to turn on PMs in your account aren't back until then so I can't help until then.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi LawsonP 

Do please let us know how you get on so we can close this thread when LiveChat support set up your reset details or highlight the request in TalkTalk Support workflow if LiveChat is not able to fulfil the request.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

LawsonP
First Timer
Message 3 of 8

Hi, Gondola.  Thank you once again - I have managed to get the Live Chat working (by disabling AdBlock and other Blocking software on my browser).  An agent is dealing with my request now.

Message 4 of 8

...And on the question of setting up or updating password recovery reset details yourself, this is easily done but only when you can sign in to the mailbox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Message 5 of 8

Hi LawsonP 

Good question. TalkTalk Support for this Community email forum would normally pick up my request within a working day. However, that support is due to resume on 31 December.  Let us know if the Technical Support team via LiveChat or 'phone can update those missing reset details for you.

LiveChat to TalkTalk support is here:  Our LiveChat team.  Wait for the light blue Chat now button to appear; It's grey or clear when busy or offline.

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, use 0203 441 5550.

TalkTalk supports the Text Relay Service: It's 18001 then 0345 172 0088.

LawsonP
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Gondola,

Thank you very much for your help.  I have completed my Profile details as directed.

How do you contact TalkTalk support?  I would rather have done this directly than asking someone to do it for me (to save you the work)?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi LawsonP 

It's apparent that password recovery options are missing because you'd normally see those when using the forgotten password journey.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user, assuming you are the customer account holder, and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number (if available). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.