email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive Tiscali emails

davep
Insightful One
Message 12 of 12

same here.  I've updated the port settings and still doesn't send.  Not receiving recent email  on iphone either (came on WLM - yes but still like it above anything else!),

That's both ticali.co.uk and talktalk.net.  I've changed the ports to those recommended.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

I suppose I shouldn't have changed the ports.  I managed to close WLM and when i try to open from toolbar I just get the "tasks" attempting to send 2 emails and can't open the mailbox.  Tea in cricket so close down and try again!

Or maybe not!  I searched for solution and ended up changing some setting in WLM.  I have opened the mail box by CTRL ALT DEL, closing, then opening and now have loads of emails and empty outbox.

Later though can't send from wife's @talktalk.net

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@Ady-TalkTalk turns out still not working on my laptop, neither sending or receiving.

I'm receiving messages on my phone, but not much use when most thing I do are on laptop.

Any suggestions on how to make it work which doesn't involve losing lots of important emails?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for posting back to let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

@Ady-TalkTalk   My tiscali.co.uk email now seems to be working.  The settings are 

outgoing mail:  SMTP   25       not ticked secure server

Incoming POP3       995         ticked secure server

Wifes @talktalk.net account won't send email.  Settings as above.  Also didn't work on 587 outgoing ticked secure server.

Just tried sending from mine to wife's email and it has stuck in outbox.

Same when sending from my email to myself.

re-trying, doesn't send or receive on my laptop, but does on wife's ipad and my iphone using my email account.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi davep, the incident closed last night. You should have working email again now. Please let us know how you're getting on today. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

My wife received lots of emails (mainly notifications from this forum) to my @Tiscali.co.uk on her ipad with @talktalk.net servers.  Nothing to my laptop or iphone also using @talktalk.net servers.  The tiscali.co.uk not working is also joined by @talktalk.net servers which I noted earlier.  Web mail hasn't received the emails either.  Must be a tough fix.

Just received one forum notification email in web mail.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Fevertreeman, we don't have an estimated fix date yet. Keep an eye on the service status page for updates.

Ady

Message 8 of 12

Hi Fevertreeman 

There's a problem with the tiscali.co.uk DNS name servers. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the  Service Status (Email) page. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Fevertreeman
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 12

I have exactly the same issue as of this morning. No inbound or outbound tiscali emails. It was functioning fine last night so clearly there is an issue.....how will we know when it is resolved, and if it isnt what do we do?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

not sure I understand moving it as it's tiscali and talktalk emails not working, but will hang on and see what happens.

Incoming and outgoing are talktalk.net  (mail and smtp respectively)

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi Dave

I've moved your post to its own topic so we can maximise the number of reports for the current issue which is that the tiscali.co.uk DNS name servers are down.

This means no inbound mail and if your outgoing mail server host name is not smtp.talktalk.net then no outgoing mail sending.

WLM, as you know, is not supported.

Your iPhone should be able to send mail. But until the DNS name servers are back online the inbound MX servers receiving mail will not be found.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes