email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to SMTP server failed

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Anyone having problems sending emails from their TalkTalk accounts?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Stoker, it's great to see that you've been helped by Gondola and even better to see you recognise the help received. Thanks for taking time to mark the post as best answer and for thanking Gondola for the assist. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Many Thanks for all your help Gondola.

Message 3 of 10

Hi Stoker 

Worst case scenario is someone trying to access your mailbox.

Typical scenario is the email client selecting the 'wrong' outgoing mail server and thereby presenting the wrong password. Or the email client broadband connection is experiencing uncorrectable errors.

The first step in troubleshooting is always to try a sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail to see if the mailbox is working with the current password. Using a MacMail client there's  An Apple troubleshooting process for a number of Operating Systems to check the outgoing mail alongside the broadband connection checks using Connection Doctor.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Gondola that explains it a bit, I just wonder where these failed logins came from.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Stoker

The TT320 is a temporary lockout because of too many failed attempts to log in to your mailbox.  It's a security measure when the system has detected multiple failed logins using the incorrect password. The system will apply varying levels of waiting time before allowing a new login and may cease giving out error messages if the attempted logins carry on failing.

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 10

On some of the failures there was no error message at all

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 14.50.48.png

but one I remember was TT320 if that is any help.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Stoker 

I see you also reported a similar transient issue a while back. It would be useful to know the answers to the questions just so we can ensure your mailbox access is ok.  Especially if you get a send error message that would be helpful to know what that error message is/was.  Importantly try and identify if the issue is actually a mail send issue or a broadband local connectivity issue. 

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks Gondola the problem seems to have cleared now. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi Stoker 

There's no problem that I can see either sending or receiving from my TalkTalk Mail accounts.

What's your email domain? How are you using TalkTalk Mail? Is this Apple/Mac Mail on your desktop?

Have you experienced any problems with the Internet connection? i.e. viewing of websites like www.bbc.co.uk

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in. Let us know if your mailbox, via webmail access, is working.