email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to SMTP server failed

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Recently when I try to send emails from my MacBook using the Mail app I get an error message saying that the connection to the SMTP server failed. I have not made any changes at this end. The time before last when this happened the problem cleared itself just after I posted to the forum so I deleted the post. But it has happened this morning again.

I can get around it using webmail but would prefer not to have to do that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

That's great. Thanks for letting us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Hi Ady

The problem hasn't manifested itself in the past couple of days. If it happens again I will try other devices and let you know.

Many Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Stoker, we've seen similar with another customer. In that case we eliminate the possibility of issues with the mail servers, internet connection etc and were left with just 2 options. An issue with something within the home or a problem with the Mac itself. Do you have other devices connecting to TalkTalk mail? Do they also have issues?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 10

It seems that every day I try to send an email from my MacBook using the Mac Mail App that I get an error message saying that the SMTP server is offline. Then after a while the problem clears itself without me making any changes. This has been happening for quite a while now. It has happened again today.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Stoker, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 10

the reference to talltalk was only in the description which I have now corrected.

0 Likes

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 10

The problem seems to have resolved itself as I can now send emails. I just noticed in the screenshot that I sent that it says "talltalk" instead of "talktalk" but I don't know how that happened.

0 Likes

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I can login to webmail as I have a current account.

Here is a screenshot of the error message

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 12.52.42.png

All the talktalk smtp entries are offline.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Stoker, what's the full error message you're seeing? Are you still able to login to webmail? Do you have current TalkTalk account?

Ady

0 Likes