email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating talktalk mail as default email

Roger D1
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

I'm trying to send a lot of emails by merging text in word with listings from an excel spreadsheet. How do I make talktalk my default email rather than Outlook?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Roger D1, thanks for posting back to thank Gondola for the help. It's always really appreciated to know your help is valued.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 14

Great work Gondola. Thanks for supporting Roger D1. Your help is always appreciated. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 14

We appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 14

Thanks Gondola. I think you've cracked it!

Message 5 of 14

OK.

So having selected the Register now link in TalkTalk Mail go to your document where you have the email addresses and select one. In my Office Writer I have to select the Mailto by selecting CTRL-click.  That should then open a window for the Mailto registration. 

In my registration I have the Firefox browser as default (You have Edge) and below that are two addresses. apps.talktalk.co.uk and https://apps.talktalk.co.uk so select either of those, select the tick box Always use this application and select Choose...

Select Open link or just select the email address once more and you should find the registration has been made so that now when selecting an email address in a document it'll take you straight to the TalkTalk Mail Compose screen.

Popup Mailto registration.png

Message 6 of 14

its set to Microsoft Edge

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Roger D1 

Go back to Default apps

Windows Settings > Apps > Default Apps, scroll down, and select the “Choose default apps by protocol” link.

Scroll down the list until you see MAILTO

What is that set to?

Message 8 of 14

In Edge I have allowed pop ups and set Edge as the email preference in deault apps.

I get as far as  "ask for Mailto registration" (which was already ticked) bur when i click on "register now" nothing happens. If I right click and "open link in new window" it returns to my talktalk inbox page. Thank you for persevering with this. Roger

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Nice one Gondola.

Ady

Message 10 of 14

Hi Roger D1 

Go to Windows Settings (cog icon via the Windows Start icon)

Select Apps

Select Default apps

For Email set a browser as the default app

Then go back to set the Mailto: preference

Message 11 of 14

I tried the suggestion and it didn't work. I now realise that my problem is that there is no connection berween Word and any email.. I get two error messages. "No email association for this Aoolication" and then "MAPI Failure (uspecified error)

Roger

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi Roger D1, please let us know if Gondola has helped you get it sorted.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi Roger D1 

To make TalkTalk Mail the default Mailto: option then:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

• Select the main settings menu (triple line icon top right header)
  • Select the Settings menu item
  • Select Mail (in the left pane)
  • Select the tick box 'Ask for mailto link registration'
  • You'll get a pop-up top of the app screen to set the default Mailto: option
    Ensure the browser doesn't block pop-ups