email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails being blocked from 2 senders

jolizking
First Timer
Message 16 of 16

For a couple of months, emails from one of my regular shopping sites and my bank have not been received. I have been informed by letter from both that the emails are bouncing back. It seems that all other emails are being received. I've checked the filter rules on my account and they are all fine. Any help would be massively appreciated especially as i'm paying for the privilege of having this email account!!

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Jo, if there's anything else you need please let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 16

Sorry to see that you've not been able to resolve this issue of mail not reaching your Inbox. Particularly as I cannot see anything obviously amiss with the originators mentioned. However, if you wish to cease your TalkTalk Mail service then the recommended way is to call TalkTalk on 0345 172 0088 to cancel MailPlus.

That way your Direct Debit will be ceased but you'll still be able to access the mailbox via webmail for up to 2 years in order to capture any mail contacts sending mail to you over that extended period.

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

jolizking
First Timer
Message 3 of 16

Hi Andy. Thank you for checking this out. I think the best thing I can do is transfer my emails to another provider and close my Talk Talk account. Jo. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi jolizking, I've run scans on your mail address and the sending addresses. I can only search back for 7 days and its showing no blocked mail. We will be blocking mass spam etc that won't hit the filters on your account. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jolizking
First Timer
Message 5 of 16

Hi Chris. I've now added this to Private Notes. I am still not receiving emails. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi jolizking,

The private notes sections is toward the bottom of your community profile. Just wondering if anything has changed, are you still not receiving emails from these two senders?

Chris

jolizking
First Timer
Message 7 of 16

Hi Ady

I can't find Private Notes in Community Profile so i'm replying here instead.

The email address not being received is:

donotreply@next.co.uk

The email address being received is:

donotreply@nextemail.co.uk 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi jolizking, please add the affected email addresses to your community profile in private notes. I can only check on the rejections over the past 7 days, I'll check it as soon as we get the addresses.  

Ady

jolizking
First Timer
Message 9 of 16

Will do. Thank you.

Message 10 of 16

Apart from being on the Amazon network I don't see any issue or other common aspect of the mail senders used by Next and Halifax to indicate any obvious issue. These are both major organisations so I would have expected to see a lot of reports if the TalkTalk network had blocked either from all mailboxes. Ady or a colleague would be able to let you know the outcome of a specific send of mail to your mailbox. So if you have a date and time of a recent mail send for these organisations, let Ady know.

0 Likes

jolizking
First Timer
Message 11 of 16

Hi

We have contacted Next and the Halifax and they are definately sending the emails. I am receiving all other emails from elsewhere apart from Next and the Halifax.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Ady has been in touch to get the information about the senders that have had their mail bounced back.

So long as you have no filter rules defined then mail should be arriving in your Inbox. You may need to ask the originators of the previously blocked mail to resume sending. Some mail senders will automatically stop sending to a blocked address so the email admins of the originating organisations may need to remove a stop on sending.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi

There are no rules set up. Please advise of next steps.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 16

Hi jolizking, I can take a look at this for you.  I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi jolizking 

You're indicating that you do have Filter rules so it's possible that a filter rule could be impacting delivery. For this reason TalkTalk ask that you disable all Filter rules and then ask the originator to resume sending. When mail is blocked by a filter rule the mail sender may automatically stop sending to the email address. Therefore you'll need to ask the originator to reset the sending of mail to your address and check for receipt.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To disable a Filter rule select Disable
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Also confirm that you have disabled or deleted all Filter rules.  If you wish a filter rule to be checked then select Edit for the rule and post the screenshot here.