email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix this error when using email? 'Error code: Out of memory'

Petula1
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Can anyone help me with this email problem please? I am fed up with being constantly chucked out of email at every turn.

12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

It looks like the ad agency have indeed cleared out the malfunctioning ads. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

You're most welcome.  Helping each other is why Community exists.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 13

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for letting me know, it's very kind of you

Message 4 of 13

Just to let you know, as promised, that the cause of the 'out of memory' fault has been identified and does appear to have been fixed by the Advertising Management team. 

Message 5 of 13

Great help and with a sense of humour too!  I've surprise myself today. Thanks

Message 6 of 13

Nice add. See what I did there! Nice add to block ads...

You can always pause the ad-blocker when you need to use Live chat messenger, use tracking for cashback or find a website isn't working as expected. So, not vital to set up specific trusted websites or exclusions. 

Message 7 of 13

Hi

I followed the instructions you gave me up to 'ad blocker install' The instruction on screen advised 'add to chrome' which I did. I haven't been knocked out of email at all since,so it seems to have worked and I'm enjoying being ad free. 

I didn't understand how to get Ghostery to allow tracking by Livechat. Same with allowing Google Tag Manager. Are these really important?

Message 8 of 13

If you wish to proceed to install an ad-blocker as a workaround by blocking the advertising on TalkTalk Mail then:

• Start the Chrome browser
  • Enter into the Address Bar chrome://extensions/ and select Enter on the laptop keyboard
  • You'll see any browser extensions and these can be switched on or off on this screen
  • Select    Extensions (triple bars main menu top left of screen)
  • Select Open Chrome Web Store   (bottom left of screen)
  • In the Search the store box Search for Ghostery
  • Select the Privacy - ad blocker
  • Install

You can search for other ad-blockers. Ghostery just happens to be the one that I use on long term trial to detect issues in using ad-blocking on TalkTalk Mail and TalkTalk websites.

Just before I go, a heads up that ad-blockers can cause websites not to work correctly and websites that rely on advertising will ask you to pause an ad-blocker. With TalkTalk I have set Ghostery to allow tracking by LiveChat and allowed Google Tag Manager. These exclusions are required to allow TalkTalk functions to work. With sites that require tracking, such as cashback sites, you may wish to switch off anti-tracking or set Ghostery to trust the site. The Ghostery Help menu is there to find out how to use the ad-blocker to suit your needs.

Let us know how you get on as we do like feedback. I'm hoping we'll also get TalkTalk feedback on the crash issue.

Message 9 of 13

I hope this is the information you need.

Device name     LAPTOP-JSLFS6BO

Processor           AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx     2.60 GHz

Installed RAM    4.00 GB (3.42 GB usable)

Device ID            0FDE6E13-05ED-41DA-B5DE-CCFEB8C4ED45

Product ID          00356-02192-09106-AAOEM

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch   No pen or touch input is available for this display

Browser is Google Chrome

Message 10 of 13

Hi Petula1

Yes, it's in TalkTalk's hands to apply a fix.

I can guide you to using an ad-blocker if I know the device and browser you're using.  Or help with using email via software like Thunderbird / Apple Mail or using a mobile email app. 

Petula1
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 13

Thanks for responding. If the browser crash fail has been reported to Talk Talk does that mean I can wait it out for them to fix it?

I'm not sure how to use an ad-blocker extension or add on.  I'm not great with technology unfortunately.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi Petula1 

On 12 November 2021 I replicated a crash issue with Windows 10 Edge browser Version 95.0.1020.53, using TalkTalk Mail, that failed with an out of memory error whilst on the TalkTalk Mail compose screen and when video advertising was running on the skyscraper panel.

I've not (yet) seen a fail using the Firefox browser nor a fail with any browser when using an ad-blocker to suppress the advertising. My pragmatic advice is therefore to use an ad-blocker extension or add on. Alternatively, as another workaround, use an email client or email app software.

The browser crash fail has been reported to TalkTalk.