email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP HAS BECOME INACTIVE

ryoukarla
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi. imap has become inactive on both iMacs  and iPad simultaneously for my tiscali email account but talk talk mail is receiving. Have sent talktalk test email to my tiscali account account, talktalk mail receives but my tiscali email account on the iMacs and iPad doesn't; but my icloud account does. I get the message: "There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account (my email) or try again. The server returned the error: Connections to server "mail.talktalk.net" on the default ports timed out. I then bounced the test email back to my iMacs from the iPad and the iCloud account received it but my tiscali mail account didn't. Hope that makes sense. Ron.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi ryoukarla, we drop client support for email addresses that aren't linked to active TalkTalk accounts so it may need adding to your account if you have one or if you don't you can use webmail but not mail clients.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi ryoukarla 

How are you getting on? Do you need more help or has the issue been resolved?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi Ron

Are you a current TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscription customer and, if so, is the tiscali email address added to your  My Mailboxes list in your customer MyAccount? Asking because IMAP will be inactive if the email address is not linked to an active customer MyAccount.

The first step in troubleshooting is to check the online mailbox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and its password, select Sign in.

Compose and self-send the same tiscali mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes