email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming emails have stopped on phone

Eliza5
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

My oppo phone installed an update recently and now I can send emails from my tiscali account but not receive them. Before the update I could receive emails. Any help to resolve this gratefully received, thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Excellent work. I guess the settings were not the universal TalkTalk Mail settings now used for all TalkTalk mail domains / email addresses.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know you're back in control. Thank you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Eliza5
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hello and thank you - I had to change a few things in the settings incoming and outgoing and that appears to have fixed it.  Thank you so much, E

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi Eliza5 

Before troubleshooting the Oppo email app - the default is usually the Gmail app - it's worth checking that mail is working via an Internet browser and webmail access.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support for next week by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? you'll need to select the desktop version via the browser settings menu - triple dots top right)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

The gMail app on the Oppo phone usually sets up fairly easily although the manual settings do need checking. The app verifies the incoming and outgoing server settings as you set up the Gmail app. Make sure Wi-Fi is on and the phone is connected to the Internet. You'll then know if the setup for both receiving and sending mail is good.

When starting to Add the tiscali email account to the Gmail app:

• You select the Oppo phone Settings cog icon
  • Tap Users & accounts
  • Tap Add account
  • Select Personal (IMAP) and enter the email address and follow the MANUAL SETUP
  • Enter the password

If the tiscali email account is already set up in the Gmail app:

• Select the Gmail app
  • Select the triple line menu item
  • Scroll down to the cog icon Settings (this is the Gmail app Settings)
  • Select the tiscali email account
  • Scroll down to check Incoming settings
    And then outgoing settings

Then these are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings for the tiscali.co.uk email account. You may need to edit the mail server names to make sure they're exactly as shown here:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username username@tiscali.co.uk
Password Tiscali email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security Type SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security Type STARTTLS
Require sign-in Yes

Let us know if that's good.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022