email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving TalkTalk

AllyM
Insightful One
Message 7 of 7

When transferring broadband to a new provider, do I immediately lose access to my TalkTalk and Tiscali email addresses or is there a grace period for me to get everything switched over?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

@AllyM If you don't want to pay for TalkTalk email after leaving I would strongly suggest that you bite the bullet and choose a well-known and reliable non-ISP alternative. Apart from anything else, this will avoid you having to face a similar dilemma should you ever choose to leave BT. 

Message 2 of 7

Well if you need us you no where to find us. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

@Ady-TalkTalk , I don't think I need any official help with this at present.

I have recently got a new mobile phone on a different network and I am currently still in the process of getting it fully up and running. As soon as I'm ready to start using it as my main phone, I will request the PAC from TalkTalk to transfer my number over to the new phone/network, and close down my TalkTalk mobile account.

As for switching my broadband to BT, one of my concerns is the fact that for many years now I have used my Tiscali and TalkTalk email addresses as my main email addresses for everything, so before switching away from TalkTalk I will have to assess the impact of losing these addresses and come up with a plan for how to move over to BT email addresses or perhaps even non-ISP based addresses.

I have been busy recently with getting the new mobile phone sorted plus work, overtime, arranging vaccine appointments etc. so switching broadband to BT has been kind of put on a back burner, but I'll hopefully get back onto it soon.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi AllyM, do you need help with anything? If you do drop me a PM and I'll get it sorted for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Ok, thanks.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

AllyM wrote:  When transferring broadband to a new provider, do I immediately lose access to my TalkTalk and Tiscali email addresses or is there a grace period for me to get everything switched over?

When you leave TalkTalk you'll be invited by mail message to subscribe to MailPlus to retain your email address. If you choose not to subscribe you'll get a follow up mail message about limiting your email access to webmail only. When you get that mail message it'll give you a date for deletion of the email address, usually giving 6 months' webmail only access before deletion.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution