email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter regarding move to paper billing.

Willa2
Participant
Message 12 of 12

I received a letter today saying that TalkTalk have recently been unable to send my bill by email.  They suggested that if it continues to happen then they will move me to paper billing at £2.75 per month. They have successfully sent me emails for many years so I am baffled as to what could have changed.

They suggested that I should check my spam filters/contacts/whitelist etc and/or contact the ISP for my email. Talktalk is my ISP!

So, I have just seen a post exactly the same as my query above  - and the answer put forward, "The best solution is to change your MyAccount login to a non-TalkTalk email address." No problem - so I have duly trotted off to My Account, entered a non Talktalk email address, I get a green 'tick' and it pops up that they need a new password as it is not a Talktalk addy, no problem, I enter a new password and press "save changes" and THIS pops up.

We’ve identified a TalkTalk email address

Updating your My Account login to this email address will automatically update your My Account password to the email address’ current password.

We recommend checking your email address’ password before saving changes.

Uh? My new email address is nothing to do with a Talktalk email address, which is why I am there, let alone updating the new password to my emails current password.

But never fear, it then goes on to say -

This email address doesn’t exist in your TalkTalk Mailbox. Either go back and review the email address or visit your TalkTalk Mailbox.

Uh? And then this little nugget -

You’re changing to a non TalkTalk email address

Updating your My Account login to this email address means you’ll also need to update your password for security reasons.

Yes I know, which is why it already asked me for a new password and I filled it in! When I press the final SAVE button it just ignores my new input and saves all the original Talktalk stuff. I checked all this by trying to sign in with my 'new non TT address and password'. No go!

I am now getting more than a little frustrated and losing the will to live. I will put my hand up and say it could be my brain cell giving up the ghost but I really don't know what to do next and am hoping someone can help me. I am not paying £2.75 a month for billing details. 

Thank you 🙂

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi GaryD3, please start your own topic and I'll be happy to help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Willa2
Participant
Message 2 of 12

Thank you Ady. Been, seen and done 😁

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 12

Hi Willa2, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Willa2
Participant
Message 4 of 12

Well I tripped 😖

Message 5 of 12

Hi Willa2 

There have been some MyAccount changes just recently so I wouldn't rule out that the logic has developed a bug... just to trip us up!

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Willa2
Participant
Message 6 of 12

Thank you Gondola! I fear the simple thing is me! 🙂

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Willa2 

As you've tried again and it's still failing then I'll alert TalkTalk Support to take a look at your MyAccount. Got to be a simple explanation.

Message 8 of 12

The Gmail addy is a never before used, non TT domain email address. 

Thank you for your reply and help. It totally doesn't make sense. Not you - the problem!

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 12

Hi Willa2 

Have you used your Gmail address previously for a MyAccount? You'll not be allowed to use the email address that's already linked to a MyAccount.

My suggestion would be to try again with a never before used, non TalkTalk domain, email address.

0 Likes

Willa2
Participant
Message 10 of 12

Hi Gondola - I have some screenshots for you as requested.

1. This is when I pop in my new email address and password. I used a Gmail address.

2. This is the pop up that appears after I press 'save changes'. It says 

We’ve identified a TalkTalk email address

Updating your My Account login to this email address will automatically update your My Account password to the email address’ current password.

We recommend checking your email address’ password before saving changes.

3. When I  click on the save changes on the pop up it didn't save the changes - I could not log in with the new email address, only the old one. The pop up has a back button and when I go back I get this. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi Willa2 

If you entered an email address with a TalkTalk Mail domain including any legacy email addresses like tiscali.co.uk or lineone.net etc then you'll see the message "We've identified a TalkTalk email address..."

If you enter a non-TalkTalk Mail domain you'll see the message "You’re changing to a non TalkTalk email address

Updating your My Account login to this email address means you’ll also need to update your password for security reasons."

And the password box below will also include rules for setting a password. That password should be unique to the MyAccount and never before used as well as complying with the password requirements. If the password is non-compliant then the MyAccount Login will not be updated.

What email domain did you first try? The fact that you got confirmation that it was a TalkTalk domain that didn't exist in your mailbox would indicate it's a legacy domain and an orphan address i.e. one that's not linked to any customer MyAccount.

Try again and let us know what happens. Screenshot and image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here so we can see what's happening.

0 Likes