email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No password provided for talktalk

diorock4875
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 17

Hello Everyone can't access my emails from my phone keep getting the message No password provided for talktalk  

i can access online just not on my phone

thanks steve

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi diorock4875, thanks for confirming the security information. 

Please add the the affected email addresses to your private notes section of your profile.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 17

Hi diorock4875, if you need more help reply to my personal message.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 17

Hi Steve

Unfortunately, if you have gone into your former MyAccount and selected Delete against the email address and then ignored the warning about the deletion being permanent then it's now impossible to move that email address to a new customer MyAccount. When you do get the new MyAccount registered then you'll just create up to 5 brand new talktalk.net mailboxes. You'll not be able to recreate the deleted email address.

In relation to the account number, for a billing date in mid December you'd normally expect a paper bill in early December. There may of course be postal delivery delays at this time of year.  But not long to wait for January's bill to arrive to see the account number on that bill.

Or if you've previously set up a telephone enquiry password, that you can remember, and also verify some security questions, including the last 4 digits of the bank account you mentioned, then Customer Service Agents may be able to help you set up a new customer MyAccount. You'll need to give them an active non-TalkTalk email address to use as the Username/Login.

LiveChat to TalkTalk support is here:  Our LiveChat team.  Wait for the light blue Chat now button to appear; It's grey or clear when busy or offline.

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, use 0203 441 5550. TalkTalk supports the Text Relay Service: It's 18001 then 0345 172 0088.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

diorock4875
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 17

O dear I deleted my talktalk mail account to try and sort out the problem so I can't get the email!!

Had a look on my bank account and talktalk has been taken out on the 17th

Of December. Had a look o.n my time machine on my mac and nothing from talktalk. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

If you don't see the customer account number in any TalkTalk emails or written correspondence when is your first bill due? If you don't have a customer MyAccount then you'll get bills in the post. The account number is on the bill.

diorock4875
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 17

Sorry guys can't find the welcome pack at all what else could I use 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Steve, if you need any help with this please let me know and if necessary I can help you with the move of the email address.

Ady

Message 8 of 17

Hi Steve

As it's possible to create a talktalk.net email address only from within a customer MyAccount then the address will be linked to the former MyAccount that you had when creating the address. It should be possible to 'add' that address to a new customer MyAccount but sometimes this action does fail and the move of the address will need to be achieved for you by TalkTalk Support.

The important thing now is to set up a new customer MyAccount. Have you found your welcome pack and new customer account number?

diorock4875
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 17

Thanks again it's talktalk.net

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Steve

Is that @ talktalk.net or @ lineone.net or @ screaming.net or @ dial.pipex.net or @ onetel.net or @ oneteldsl.net or @ ukgateway.net or @ telco4u.net or...one that I may have missed?

diorock4875
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 17

Hi thanks again  my email ends in.net

I will try and find my account number 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Steve

So, you may have had the email for years but if you've only recently resigned up for a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband package then you will have a new customer MyAccount or will need to  Register for a new customer MyAccount.  Or if your former MyAccount login has been merged with the new customer MyAccount then you'll sign in and select the current Account number assuming the Account number entry has a drop-down selector to indicate multiple accounts.

NB If you have to register for a new customer MyAccount you cannot use the same username/email address as used for the former MyAccount nor use a TalkTalk email domain for that initial registration.

What home broadband plan/package are you now on? A Future Fibre (Data only) package, a standard Fibre 35/65/150/250 package or a standard fast broadband package?  Our plans

What email domain is the one you're having trouble with? Just need the part of the email address after the @ symbol just in case there's additional guidance needed.

diorock4875
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 17

Hi again just tried the above and I got this message 
You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email account

And now I'm getting a pop up about my subscription ending in January! 
I have only just signed back up to talktalk 
Thanks again 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Steve

Let us know if you're a TalkTalk Consumer customer taking a full-fibre service. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management.

Otherwise, here's the relevant help content:

Email not showing in My Account

1. Log into  My Account
  2. Select My Services from the toolbar menu / options
  3. Select Manage TalkTalk Mail
  4. You'll see your mailboxes listed and, below, the option to Create and Add an existing TalkTalk Mailbox
  5. Select Add an existing mailbox
  6. In the box provided, enter the first part of your email address and select the relevant email domain from the dropdown. Then enter the corresponding password for that email address
  7. Select Add. You will receive confirmation and see that the email address has been added to the list of My Mailboxes

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

diorock4875
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 17

hi thanks for the quick reply. I'm a talktalk customer  had the email for years. Only happend for the last couple of days how do I add my email address?

Thanks again Steve 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi diorock4875 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer taking home broadband or a MailPlus subscription? 

If the email address is not listed in an active customer MyAccount then it may be limited to webmail only access.

Or a weak password may prevent the use of email apps.

What's your customer status and your thoughts on password strength?