email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving (TT406) error sending to TalkTalk and TIscali

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

My client is a commercial sender attempting to deliver both marketing email and order notifications to your recipients. We've been receiving the following error sporadically:

5.1.0 [string redacted] Sorry, we’ve identified a number of outgoing emails from your email provider as spam so we haven’t been able to send your email to its intended recipient. Please try again later or using an alternative email address. For more information visit our help article (link: help2.talktalk.co.uk/i-cant-send-or-receive-emails) (TT406)

These messages only impact portions of messages sent. It is not a complete block, which gives me the impression that it's an issue of false positives or send rates. I need clarification on this.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 5

Looks like the Pathwire Technical Account Manager has left the building. Anyone receiving unwanted marketing emails from mailgun or mailjet senders? Anyone marked that mail as spam recently?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

You've already posted using the Pathwire name that we know is a marketing mail service and we don't post email addresses in this help Community. Looks like you'll need to wait for contact with TalkTalk Support if you'd rather not reveal the information that TalkTalk recipients see in their mail messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

I cannot post my client's information on a public forum. Is there an email address I can engage with?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi pathwire_TAM 

The block on delivery may or may not be related to your client's mail messages but will be because the mail service sending the mail messages has been identified as sending spam. This is either because the mail service is on spam blacklists or mail has been marked as spam by TalkTalk Mail users.

TalkTalk will need to see an example of mail that's been blocked, i.e. one of the mail messages that have been bounced back with the TT406 error code. Useful to know what size distribution lists are currently in use and whether these exceed 150 recipients per send and what the rate of sending is to the TalkTalk MX servers.

What's the originating domain and the sender IP address so we can get a heads start on identifying the issue(s)?