email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP server not working

Hughmoz
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 3

I keep getting this message when trying to send out emails on Thunderbird:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded: cm1nec smtp.talktalk.net l5wBnJtsqBJ1L Bad IP Reputation (TT101).

I have had nothing but trouble with my SMTP's on TalkTalk since Monterey OSX came out on Mac's.

I have had to stop using Apple Mail after 5 months of trying to get Apple or TalkTalk to resolve this and spent 2 months with a senior product engineer at TalkTalk corresponding daily with all sorts of tests, two engineer visits and using Eero's instead of using my router for internet.

I had the same problems with Outlook, but have now resolved this problem, but now on Thunderbird I get the message at the top of the post and have to disconnect my router for 20-30 minutes to restore outgoing SMTP facility.

I have never had problems like this in 30 odd years of using emails on Onetel originally and TalkTalk since they took Onetel over many, many years ago.

Non of these problems affect incoming emails or internet use.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Hughmoz
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Hi Karl

The present situation is such:

I have spent 6 months working with Apple and TalkTalk to no avail. If I delete all my TalkTalk accounts in Apple Mail Gmail works so, the issue is TalkTalk settings according to Apple. TalkTalk have not found any issues including me spending two months with daily reports to a senior Product engineer from TalkTalk and. lots of ping tests etc..

Outlook "revert to Legacy" did not function after they updated Outlook for Mac and crashed every time I tried it, which resulted in deleting App thoroughly and freshly installing it again every time. After spending weeks trying to get their support to do something creative other than just give me daft protocols as they looked at their screens that did nothing to reveal the issue. So, I had to forget Outlook.

I have purchased Airmail from the Apple App Store to use my TalkTalk email accounts. This way I now use Apple Mail for two iCloud email accounts and have managed to trace and reinstall all my mail folders on that platform so can continue to use the 17 years of work using TalkTalk email addresses with the iCloud email accounts in the same names. I will have to get rid of the TalkTalk email addresses except two. One of those is an old Onetel one that I use with Thunderbird. As long as I do not use Apple Mail for TalkTalk email addresses it does not cause my smtp's to crash.

So, I have worked it out for myself, had to purchase an email platform and have three different email Apps going, but I can now use emails again without constant crashes on Thunderbird and Apple Mail all caused by TalkTalk email not functioning with Apple Mail.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi

Does the same issue occur if you use another email client or is this limited to thunderbird.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes