email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is having a problem

Techdunce
Chatterbox
Message 38 of 38

I have the same issue reported to webchat on Tuesday. I use Edge and was asked to try another browser so downloaded Chrome - same issue. Am awaiting a call from TalkTalk Tech. 

If relevant my e-mail quota is 1.64gb of 10gb

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Thanks Ady,

I might gird my loins and attempt this.....but maybe not immediately.

Cheers

TD

0 Likes

Message 2 of 38

Adblocking is easy and not likely to cause you trouble. Here are the steps:

Get Adblock for the new Microsoft Edge

Go to Menu > Extensions in Microsoft Edge.

If "Adblock" is not already added to your extensions list, click on "Explore more extensions". It will take you to "Microsoft Store".

Search for "Adblock" in search bar and click on the extension. click on "Get" to install the extension.

A dialogue will appear once the extension is downloaded, click on "Turn it on" to turn on the extension.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 38

Thanks Ady, to reinforce my tech dunce status I don't do social media - I keep getting "likes" from various sources and not sure if or how to reciprocate. Good to be able to get back on one browser - I find adverts offensive generally if I could trust myself not to balls things up I would add an adblocker as Gondola advised.

Luckily I can zone out the equivalent of sound off or flicking away from adverts on TV!

Have a good week.

The Great TD

0 Likes

Message 4 of 38

The ad team have now removed the offending adverts and all is well in the world. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

You're very welcome. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 38

Hi Gondola,

Really apppreciate you keeping on top of the error. I have been logging in via Firefox for the last week but have tested Edge and yes it no longer crashes............woo hoo! Saves me flicking between browsers.

I haven't used an ad blocker something else to go wrong. I don't watch adverts on TV - I flick away or turn the sound off and whilst ads are annoying I don't "see" them they are just annoying flashing on the page.

Anyway thanks again for helping avoid the crashing...................enjoy the rest of of your weekend 

Cheers

Techdunce

Message 7 of 38

...and now working without an ad-blocker...but you then see adverts!

We appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

Message 8 of 38

thanks Gondola have downloaded ad-blocker and so far so good email is working this morning 🙂

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 38

Hi Techdunce 

Just to let you know that the cause of the 'out of memory' fault has been identified and does appear to have been fixed by the Advertising Management team. If using Edge or Chrome and not using an ad-blocker, let us know if you feel it's fixed or if you still get an 'out of memory' crash event.

Message 10 of 38

I've left it in the hands of the network and incident teams.

Ady

Message 11 of 38

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

I'm sure there are many users of an out of the box Windows laptop experiencing the crashing of their Edge browser. So, although there are workarounds, I ask that advertising on the TalkTalk Mail production platform is ceased until the TalkTalk email team are confident it will not cause issues for mail users.

Message 12 of 38

That is really helpful Ady...thank you and again to all for their continued help/advice/guidance.

Cheers

The Great TD

Message 13 of 38

Hi Techdunce, this is a problem on our network and will need to be resolved by our email management team. You don't need to do anything. As long as you're getting the memory error on the webmail page then it's part of the incident I've raised. Make sure you tell the agent who calls you that there's an open incident for this issue or they'll have you running tests you needn't run. 

Ady

Message 14 of 38

Thanks Ady, I can't keep up with all the messages on this subject everybody has been helpful but as I said to Gondola I don't understand a lot of the advice being given. I am expecting a call from TalkTalk tech this AM.

My e-mail seems to fall over around every 5 minutes now - very strange for it to suddenly happen.

When I was young (a long time ago) we were told we would be retiring early and tech would improve our lives.

Neither predictions seems to have come true.

Techdunce

Message 15 of 38

Thanks I'm now seeing compose timeouts without memory errors. I've bounced it back to the incident team.

Ady

Message 16 of 38

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk

Chrome crash still present. The console indicates the exact same point every crash.  I expect Edge will fail although not tested this morning.

Out of memory error whilst on the TalkTalk Mail desktop compose screen and when video advertising from AdvertServe is running on the skyscraper panel.

TalkTalk Mail 7.8.4-65

Chrome Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows Version 10.0.19042

No crash when using Firefox. No crash when using Android.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Hi all, I reported the issue and the page appears to be working now albeit slower than I'd like. If you're still seeing the error please let me know. 

Ady

Message 18 of 38

Morning Again Gondola,

Seriously I am 59; I have recently retired having used computers at work since the mid 80's. I even did computer science at school in the black and white days of the 1970's when we sent simple punched card programmes to Imperial College and got the results back a week or so later. But I know my limitations.....I can use a computer but I am not a techy. I chose my user name wisely.

I didn't know if the crash was the laptop or TalkTalk. Thanks to you I know why it happens. As much as I hate ads I fear blocking them may cause be other problems. So I am hoping this issue will disappear as quickly as it appeared.

Thanks again

Techdunce

Message 19 of 38

Hi Techdunce 

I think you might surprise yourself. But I totally understand. I hope TalkTalk will fix the crash issue for you and others in the same position.

Message 20 of 38

Hi Gondola,

Again many thanks for you attempt to help with this problem. I tried the original reset on Edge that yiu suggested. As far as the ad blocker - I feel this is way beyond my ability. I even have trouble getting back here to reply to you!

The crash is very annoying but the end of the world. Especially now that you have isolated the cause.

So I will put up with it in the hope and expectation that TalkTalk will resolve the problem.

Cheers

The Techdunce