email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email not working

JENNY STEPHENS
Participant
Message 16 of 16

Message on blue blank screen says, connection error,service not available now,  retry

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Awesome work as always Gondola.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 16

Nice work JENNY STEPHENS 

Chrome, Edge and Firefox, if kept updated, all work very well with TalkTalk Mail and issues in not getting connected are usually due to delays or hold ups by Extensions or Add-ons. i.e. an incompatible add-on in Firefox, in this case, is normally the cause of the issue.

If you wish to troubleshoot Firefox then you can select Help from the Firefox menu and then Troubleshoot Mode and select the Restart button to try again without add-ons active.

But if you're happy with Chrome then that's fine.

A pleasure to help you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 16

Hallo again , I have tried Chrome and the email is back THANKYOU SOOOOO MUCH fingers crossed perhaps it's Firefox that's the trouble .You have been very patient I do appreciate your help.

Very best regards Jenny

Message 4 of 16

Nice work here Gondola. Thanks for being here for other members.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 16

Hi JENNY STEPHENS 

One of the things I mentioned up front in  the troubleshooting post was to try a different browser.

Download Chrome here.

Message 6 of 16

Thanks ,I've removed the out of date certificates but am still getting blue screen

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi JENNY STEPHENS 

If you're the user and you have signed in to access the keychain app then select the out of date certificate to highlight it and then press the Delete button on the keyboard or right click and select Delete from the menu.

Be sure to only select the out of date items including any out of date passwords before pressing Delete because there is no recovery from the Trash bin for keychain deleted items.

Message 8 of 16

I don't know how to get rid of them,thankyou for your reply

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi JENNY STEPHENS 

I looked at the keychain certificate list you briefly posted. Yes you have stored old certificates in keychain that are no longer valid. Those out of date ones can safely be removed. Expired certificates can lead to a rejection of a secure sign in to the site. The current certificates will be re-acquired.

Message 10 of 16

Thankyou , I don't know where I found the ssl certificate info , it must have been somewhere in finder . I am very confused now .

If you say the certificate is still valid , do you think i have a virus ? my apple mail hasn't been working for months , I have been shielding and haven't been able to sort out the things that have gone wrong , so I have been using the browser to pick up and send mail. I have run a long scan , and checked the activity monitor, there doesn't appear to be any covert use of my laptop, but as I said before , I am very old and not trained in computing .

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi JENNY STEPHENS 

The certificate issued to apps.talktalk.co.uk is valid until 13 Sep 2022 and the certificate issued for imap and pop connections is valid until 2 Jun 2022.

Where do you see that the SSL certificate is not valid?

Is this when using Mac Mail? Are you using up to date settings in Mac Mail?

On updating the email software incoming, outgoing and some advanced server settings, you'll possibly be asked to accept a new certificate (yes, accept) and to enter the email password so have the current password ready. Tick to save the password before entering it.

Supported* email client and app settings are:

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) or POP3
Username Full email address
Password Email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP / POP3) 993 / 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
Outgoing Authentication Required Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password

Apple/Mac Mail Connection Security is use TLS/SSL

It's also important to make sure the email address is added to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount to avoid restriction to webmail only access and possible deletion. 

Email not showing in My Account

TalkTalk Mail Plus is the mail only subscription service for TalkTalk Mail users in the UK that are not home broadband customers.

* Email clients, apps and devices that do not support secure mail using a minimum of TLS1.2 connection security are not supported.

Message 12 of 16

Hi JENNY STEPHENS, there's no need or point to calling the front line support teams. You'll get all the help you need here from us. I've alerted the email management team that there's an issue with the SSL certificate.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Thankou for your reply , I have tried doing what you suggested , but it seems that the ssl certificate for talktalk email has expired .I am not able to find out what can be done abut that . Should I ring Talk talk  not easy since I am deaf and very old.

0 Likes

JENNY STEPHENS
Participant
Message 14 of 16

I have found that the ssl certificate has expired  what can I do ?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi JENNY STEPHENS

I see that you've looked at the other topic in Community mentioning this issue.  And you're tried waiting a few minutes and then the Retry link?

Error - Connection error

I assume your mail is working via your MAC Mail if you still have that computer? Are you using the Safari browser or another browser?

You'll see the service is not available right now if your computer is taking longer than 6 seconds to establish authentication with the TalkTalk Mail platform.

This can happen either if you have a local connection issue making your broadband slow to respond or if there's something causing your computer to run slowly like uploading a backup to the cloud or downloading an update or the most usual is a delay caused by security software scanning or cookies being deleted by security / ad-blocker / privacy software (tracker blocking)

Either, wait a few minutes, until whatever the computer is busy doing gets to a completion, and then retry TalkTalk Mail, or switch off extensions / add-ons in the browser to eliminate those as the cause.

Trying a new browser or resetting the existing browser to default settings with no extensions or add-ons running will help you to identify the cause. i.e. you can re-enable extensions one by one to identify the one causing the delay or hold up with the TalkTalk Mail sign in.