email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email send problems with vpn on

dazza5152
Chat Champion
Message 7 of 7

hi -I am fed up have to disconnect my vpn to send my emails via talktalk please - i run outlook on various devices - i do not want or trust cloud email so run locally off my own devices - i can receive email with vpn on but not send email with vpn on which is worrying as the whole point of vpn is to keep data secure and private - the last thing i want is my send email unsecure by having to keep disconnecting my vpn - please help
thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi dazza, it might be easier to show you the settings you need to be using. You'll find the settings needed in the Email Settings help article. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Ady - apologies the delay replying i am also having router / hub problems and hopeful another will arrive from talktalk today / tomorrow to help me with this but the connection problems are having a lot of knock on effects for me as you can imagine.

I am not completely sure what you are seeking - if you tell me what you need and how to get this off my devices more than happy to share minus what you said

thanks again

dazza

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi dazza, please post your settings excluding of course the private information. Often people say they're using the recommended when in fact they've got incorrect security settings. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Can anyone help with this please?

many thanks

0 Likes

dazza5152
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 7

Hi Ady - the vpn is norton the mail settings are the ones talktalk approve / recommend and sent me / publish - pop/smtp - @talktalk.net.pst - in other words send from outlook on my devices via server smtp.talktalk.net

thanks

dazza

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi dazza5152, what are your mail settings? What is the VPN you're using?

Ady

0 Likes