email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iDWard Privacy Manager : blocking issues

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 7

Hi Ady-TalkTalk 

Tonight, 11 January 2022, the Privacy Manager for TalkTalk Mail was changed. No advance notice was given of planned maintenance.

The introduction of a new Privacy Manager, iDWard, caused blocking issues. Blocking users from signing in to TalkTalk Mail, unless using ad/tracker-blocking, and the iDWard logo, positioned bottom left, totally blocking the << toggle function for the Folder view.

iDWard icon blocking.png

On selecting the iDWard logo and then selecting Manage Settings: https://data-account-web.id-ward.com/?idw-error-type=hydra-error&idw-error=timeout

iDWard was later removed.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I'm hoping this gets locked down so that we don't see repeats of the recent issues. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

In my opinion the advertising team, if that's who are controlling this activity, having unrestricted access to the TalkTalk Mail production platform is damaging to TalkTalk's reputation.

The previous incident showed evidence of email addresses being captured. This latest incident locked users out of the platform and lost a view function.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

I believe it related it the ad provider again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Ady

The blocking of access to sign in to webmail did get reported to the Incidents team and was noted as incident INC000100214242 on Service Status overnight.

Error - Webmail sign in blocking 11Jan2022

Whoever is responsible for implementing iDWard will know.

I'm more concerned about the reference to the hydra error in connection with the idw error because hydra is a known network password cracker. Could be something else but are TalkTalk Security aware of this incident?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola, we weren't aware of anything happening last night and I've checked with the managers they weren't aware of anything either.

I'll see what information we can get. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Also noted that the former Privacy Manager cookie icon bottom right has been restored this morning 12 January 2022.

I see Planned Maintenance is scheduled for TalkTalk Mail on 13 January 2022.

0 Likes